Windows Border..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I am= having a strange prob.. whenever I install a theme everything changes except Windows Border :( Earlier there were no such issues with Ubuntu :( Plz help .. In windows border the border itself did not get installed .. I had tried many theme but same problem :(

Regards

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
No nothing just a fresh install after open SUSE :( Just updated and installed a theme and I noticed no Windows border is changing ::?

faraaz

Evil Genius
Could be a problem with your window manager decorator whatever...uhh, have you installed Beryl or Compiz Fusion in your Suse install?? And I'm assumin you are using KDE so your default window manager would be KWin...the obvious solution I guess would be that there is a conflict between different window managers, so your borders aren't able to change.

If you HAVEN'T installed another window manager...ugh, I dunno man.

praka123

left this forum longback
Ah!welcome back @shashwat to Ubuntu! :D
in gnome windows borders are metacity themes,go to System> preferences>themes>Customize>window border and select whatever border ur fine with :)
and u know u can download border's(metacity themes) from *gnome-look.org and *art.gnome.org etc etc ;)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ Thanks :) Feelin way better than Kubuntu and open SUSE :p Now see when earlier I was installing new theme Windows border get autom. installed but why not now ? Thats the problem else I know abt metacity ;)

praka123

left this forum longback
did u saw most of these gtk2 themes are already available at synaptic(search!).even with a theme,u can customize its border,color and goes on!.when u install local theme,icons,they are installed on ~/.themes/ .u need to goto these theme preferences window to do that.btwn dint u customized ur cursor with avail cursor themes(search synaptic).btwn there is a repo for latest themes for gnome,kde search.. ...

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ plz tell me why Windows border did not get changed when I install a GTK theme :( while it was not a case earlier :( also why my synp. manager hangs while doing a search same this was not a case earlier :(

Also canI install kde apps in gnome :? if yes i installed kramba but i can't find it anywhere ? neither in menu nor in alt+f2 :(

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The correct word of launching Karamba is 'superkaramba' :) (Since thats the one you installed, anyway :p)

Synaptic hangs, no, pauses rather for all. Its cause of the extra repositories and their packages, the search time gets extended and it thus requires a long time scanning the text and returning results. :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
QwertyManiac said:
The correct word of launching Karamba is 'superkaramba' :) (Since thats the one you installed, anyway :p)

Synaptic hangs, no, pauses rather for all. Its cause of the extra repositories and their packages, the search time gets extended and it thus requires a long time scanning the text and returning results. :)
What abt WIndows border problem.. The GTK theme earlier change border but now they don't.. I installed Superkaramba maybe typo in above but how to launch it .. I can find it anywhere not even in alt+f2 :( but in aptitude show superkaramba it shows this :)

Code:
shashwat@shashwat-desktop:~$ aptitude show superkaramba
Package: superkaramba
[b]State: installed[/b]
Automatically installed: no
Version: 4:3.5.6-0ubuntu2
Priority: optional
Section: universe/kde
Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>
Uncompressed Size: 1462k
Depends: kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.5-1), libc6 (>= 2.5-0ubuntu1), libgcc1 (>=
         1:4.1.1-31), libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.7), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-31),
         libx11-6, python2.5 (>= 2.5)
Suggests: xmms, khelpcenter
Conflicts: karamba
Description: a program based on karamba improving the eyecandy of KDE
 SuperKaramba is a tool based on karamba that allows anyone to easily create and
 run little interactive widgets on a KDE desktop. Widgets are defined in a
 simple text file and can be augmented with Python code to make them
 interactive.
Plz help me can I install KDe things in Gnome like amarok :) and other D:

Regards

praka123

left this forum longback
superkaramba is for kde!dont mess both desktops be installed!either use Gnome or Kde!.else xfce,fluxbox,fvwm etc etc..for gnome superkaramba=gdesklets .search google for install details and install from synaptic manager.
*beans.seartipy.com/2006/09/09/spice-up-gnome-desktop-using-gdeskletsaka-superkaramba-in-kde/

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@shashwat

you can safely install k3b, amarok etc. but that will also mean u need to download the qt libs. but it works jus fine :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
infra_red_dude said:
@shashwat

you can safely install k3b, amarok etc. but that will also mean u need to download the qt libs. but it works jus fine :)

Plz be a bit clear.. Looks I had installed Karamba but it ain't appearing anywhere :( plz be a more informative ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom