Windows based set within 12-13 K??

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
Firstly, thanks to all of you for replying & helping me with my previous queries: I have decided on the HTC Touch 3452, but the price in Kolkata is approx 17 K. It is a bit above my budget.

Can you please help me with some other sets with

1.Windows Mobile 6.0.
2.A decent mp 3 player with fm.
3.A 2.5 mp camera will suffice.
4. Touch screen is optional.

My budget is around 12 - 13 K & no Nokia sets please!!!

Also will the price of HTC Touch 3452 decrease in the new year??

Please be kind to help.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Try to go for HTC Touch, if you can kick your budget by another few hundred, you will be able to get it easily.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
i am selling my less than 2 month old samsung i710 win mo...for 10k shipped... with 2 gb card.. new one for 12.4k...

every req u need except it win mo 5

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
As KumarMohit has said, get the original HTC Touch (P3450). The P3452 is just an updated version of the Touch.
The P3450/P3452 have reached EOL and I think HTC might stop production within the next couple of months. I can say this with certainty since the Touch Viva has arrived to replace the Elf/Elfin in most major markets. The Touch 3G's price is falling every week as well, so there's isn't a lot of margin for HTC to play around with.

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
O.K. In that case what will be the approx cost of Touch 3450 & that of Touch 3452 in Kolkata?? I am surprised that one guy from a showroom told me that 3452 costs 16,500, but the new Viva is also costing approx 17 K.

What's the catch guys?? If a phone is being called off the market as per "gforce 23",how come this price?

Can somebody please help me with the prices please!!

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
It's fairly easy to understand HTC's market positioning and price points here. The Touch was never intended to be a low cost touch screen handset for the masses, but rather a fashionable mid-market solution back in '07. Removing the P345x from the market before reducing its price point to extremely low levels makes sense and will preserve the position of the Touch range. Besides, HTC would be crazy to offer a 2 year old solution for Rs. 7 or 8k when a barely updated version (Viva) is trying to woo customers at a higher price point.
17K sounds too much for the Viva. I read somewhere that Idea Cellular has it available for Rs 15.8K. Most stores in Dubai have it for under Rs 13k, so a difference of over 4K sounds a bit too much.

Anyhow, get the original Touch (Elf) if you're strapped for cash or need to stick within your budget. Otherwise, get the Viva that has a slightly better optimized code set and offers quad-band connectivity to boot.

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
The Touch Viva is priced at 15,300 in Kolkata. Is it worth the price? Secondly, does the Viva works only with Idea Cellular, or it can be used by A.Tel/ V.Fone also??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom