Windows ac buying? - reply soon.

Hello,
to all of you.
I want to buy a Windows AC of 2 Tons, My budget is Rs.40000, Please let me know soon respected members which brands ac is good?, and please provide the relevant links of the Acs on the Web.Reply soon.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

RishiGuru

Broken In
If you are planning to use for long hours, inverter acs are what you should be looking for.

Unfortunately in India, they are available only in splits.

shreymittal

Being Human
+1 to inverter AC but if you need Window only go ahead with whirlpool or hitachi go to authorised dealers audition the model's bargain hard...as hard as you can.

rider

as Kratos
Avoid the brands like LG, Samsung, Godrej and other that uses aluminium compressor and winding. Aluminum is cheap alternative of copper, gets heated up and stops working after some hours in intense heat.
Voltas, Hitachi, O-General, Daikin, BlueStar, Carrier are the major companies that still uses copper in the manufacturing.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
Can someone tell me the model no's of Window acs of major brands like O-General, Daikin, BlueStar and Carrier?
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

rider

as Kratos
Carrier 2 Ton Durakool Window Air Conditioner

Hitachi SUMMER TM-RAT222HSD Window AC | Hitachi 2 Ton Window AC

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
to all of you.
I have seen three 2 ton acs from Hitachi, now please let me know which Window ac will be better? The Model No's of the AC'S are

1. Hitachi Summer TM 2 Ton Window AC - RAT222HSD - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com
2. Hitachi Summer QC 2 Ton Window AC - RAV322HSD - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com
3. *shopping.indiatimes.com/electronic...us-2-ton-window-ac-raw222ktd/10292/p_B1562512

and also please provide some link from where I can get cheaper deal.Hope to see reply soon.
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Hello,
to all of you.
I have seen three 2 ton acs from Hitachi, now please let me know which Window ac will be better? The Model No's of the AC'S are

1. Hitachi Summer TM 2 Ton Window AC - RAT222HSD - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com
2. Hitachi Summer QC 2 Ton Window AC - RAV322HSD - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com
3. Hitachi Summer QC 2 Ton Window AC - RAV322HSD - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com

and also please provide some link from where I can get cheaper deal.Hope to see reply soon.
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Get the most exculsive one which suits in your budget. I suggest you to get offline. These ACs are over 60kg. :)

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
@rider
Hello,
Firstly, Thank you very much for this quick reply.Actually, I am getting best price Online and also its little bit tougher to buy here in my city.If you can then please provide online links of some buying websites so that I can get best deal and also let me know, Am I taking right decision by choosing hitachi acs? actually, I have a room(310 sq ft) where I have an option to install window as well as spilt ac I want to buy inverter ac but you know it cost much so that I decided to buy some good branded window ac this time, so that I can upgrade this window ac after some years to inverter split ac.Reply soon.Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

rider

as Kratos
For 310 sq ft 2 ton window AC is more than enough.
(100 sq feet = 0.5 ton)
I suggest to go with Hitachi window AC that costs around 38k. It's the best you can get. Brand is A+. I never see anyone who purchased some AC online, so I have no idea. Why you are afraid to get locally. Hitachi is available everywhere. If your city is small that doesn't even sale Hitachi ACs so forget the delivery from online companies at your area pin code.

rider

as Kratos
From where did you get this (100 sq feet = 0.5 ton) information. Any links or pointers?

A well-insulated room with 100 square feet will require a 4,000 to 6,000 (a half ton) BTU

Read more: How Many Tons Do You Need in an AC Unit? | eHow How Many Tons Do You Need in an AC Unit? | eHow

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,Actually I am searching an ac that can also work as a heater in winters, but I think the above mentioned hitachi acs work only in summers, so please respected members can you please recommend some acs that can also work as heaters in winters?, actually i have two electrolux acs in home we use these acs as a warmer in winters.Hope to see reply soon especially from Mr.RiderThank You.GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
A well-insulated room with 100 square feet will require a 4,000 to 6,000 (a half ton) BTU

Read more: How Many Tons Do You Need in an AC Unit? | eHow How Many Tons Do You Need in an AC Unit? | eHow

LOL ,thats crap to the limits,man. He say a 2 Ton can cool 1500Sqft is he on Dope or something. Ignore the crap.

use this to get a fair idea.....Bluestar
LG AC Tonnage Calculator

Check this -The Actual Tonnage Required for specific Square Feet
[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/541/screenhunter01may141554.jpg/][IMG]*img541.imageshack.us/img541/9111/screenhunter01may141554.jpg[/URL]

LINK-Sharp

rider

as Kratos
Hello,Actually I am searching an ac that can also work as a heater in winters, but I think the above mentioned hitachi acs work only in summers, so please respected members can you please recommend some acs that can also work as heaters in winters?, actually i have two electrolux acs in home we use these acs as a warmer in winters.Hope to see reply soon especially from Mr.RiderThank You.GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

All weather ACs have poor maintenance and life compared to normal ACs. Don't know how old is your model but now Electrolux is no longer good in ACs because they too have started to use Aluminum.
Voltas sell all weather ACs but only 1.5 ton model available yet. :?

LOL ,thats crap to the limits,man. He say a 2 Ton can cool 1500Sqft is he on Dope or something. Ignore the crap.

use this to get a fair idea.....Bluestar
LG AC Tonnage Calculator

Check this -The Actual Tonnage Required for specific Square Feet

LINK-Sharp

Oho I got it. It's not a crap knowledge. Tonnage also depends upon the region, sun direction, number of windows and floor. We live in sub-tropical region so more cooling required. That eHow article may be for cold countries so not applicable here. My bad. :)

@GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK Fill this and get to know: *www.bluestarindia.com/ac-tonnage-calculator/toncalculator.asp

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Aluminium is not bad if done properly. The main that problem arises in Aluminium if the manufacturer is not using the proper process or method required to join aluminum with copper tubes in the compressor.

Im using a Sharp AC which is an Inverter which is all Aluminum and chills like hell. So I dont believe in the theory that Aluminum is bad.

aroraanant

Explorer
According to me only O-General, Daikin and Hitachi are the best brands.Though Mitsubishi is also good but it will be out of your budget and I think O-General will also not fall in your budget.
Apart from that I don't have any idea about Sharp so won't comment on that apart from that none other brand is good.
Among the three also O-General and Daikin are better than Hitachi.
Now first decide that whether you want a Split or Window.And can you extend your budget a lil more?
And also see that which brand offers good service in your city, and buying an AC from a local dealer would be a good idea rather buying it online, buy online if there is atleast a difference of 10% or above in price.

If you wish to buy online then chose anyone among these:
Infibeam link
Indiatimes link

And also look out for trane ACs.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
@aroraanantHello,Can you recommend some all weather acs from the brands like hitachi, carrier, daikin or o general? Hope to see to reply soon.Thank you.geekcomputer_geek

rider

as Kratos
Aluminium is not bad if done properly. The main that problem arises in Aluminium if the manufacturer is not using the proper process or method required to join aluminum with copper tubes in the compressor.

Im using a Sharp AC which is an Inverter which is all Aluminum and chills like hell. So I dont believe in the theory that Aluminum is bad.

Aluminum has tendency to get choke out in case of sever heat. Specially in Northern India when the temperature in daytime raises upto 50*C. No matter how good is the quality or process of Aluminium winding, it can never replace Copper. Most of the companies manufacturing because it costs much less.

@aroraanantHello,Can you recommend some all weather acs from the brands like hitachi, carrier, daikin or o general? Hope to see to reply soon.Thank you.geekcomputer_geek

I don't think there is any all weather AC of 2Ton in the market.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
@riderhello,can you name some 1.5 ton inverter ac in all weather? actually i have just seen that we can install inverter ac of 1.5 ton instead of 2 ton non inverter. what you say?geekcomputer_geek

Top Bottom