Windows ac buying? - reply soon.

pratyush997

Inactive
Avoid the brands like LG, Samsung, Godrej and other that uses aluminium compressor and winding. Aluminum is cheap alternative of copper, gets heated up and stops working after some hours in intense heat.
Voltas, Hitachi, O-General, Daikin, BlueStar, Carrier are the major companies that still uses copper in the manufacturing.
Hmm. Didn't know that :)

rider

as Kratos
@riderhello,can you name some 1.5 ton inverter ac in all weather? actually i have just seen that we can install inverter ac of 1.5 ton instead of 2 ton non inverter. what you say?geekcomputer_geek

If I was in your place. I simply get the Carrier Durakool 2 Ton window AC for 29k. Awesome brand and quality. I guess it has compressor of Hitachi or Mitsubishi (copper made). Total value for money.
Carrier 2 Ton Durakool Window Air Conditioner

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If I was in your place. I simply get the Carrier Durakool 2 Ton window AC for 29k. Awesome brand and quality. I guess it has compressor of Hitachi or Mitsubishi (copper made). Total value for money.
Carrier 2 Ton Durakool Window Air Conditioner

What's wrong in carrier now? :lol:

:facepalm:
LOL ....you are not at all informed but still suggesting on your wild guesses????

Bad products , bad Quality, worst after sales support. And they dont use Mitsu or Hitachi Compressors FIY ,they used to use Emerson Copelands but now have gone to Toshiba and Cheap Chinese Midea acs. All these 29K two tonners you are suggesting in the Durakool range are cheap Chinese imports or Midea ACs rebadged as Carriers!

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
:facepalm:
LOL ....you are not at all informed but still suggesting on your wild guesses????

Bad products , bad Quality, worst after sales support. And they dont use Mitsu or Hitachi Compressors FIY ,they used to use Emerson Copelands but now have gone to Toshiba and Cheap Chinese Midea acs. All these 29K two tonners you are suggesting in the Durakool range are cheap Chinese imports or Midea ACs rebadged as Carriers!

Sorry, I don't work in AC companies. :lol: All I know is carrier uses Mitsubishi or Hitachi compressors in their ACs. It's not some wild guess it's confirmed fact from a dealer.
And where are you from? Who buys ACs of brands like Sharp, so highly priced but still made with some aluminum tubing? No idea how will be the after sales of that. :lol:

@GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK Carrier is reputed brand from years, good value for money products with decent service in North India. Go with it. :)
Bye!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Sorry, I don't work in AC companies. :lol: All I know is carrier uses Mitsubishi or Hitachi compressors in their ACs. It's not some wild guess it's confirmed fact from a dealer.
And where are you from? Who buys ACs of brands like Sharp, so highly priced but still made with some aluminum tubing? No idea how will be the after sales of that. :lol:

All I can say that you have very shallow knowledge regarding ACs and I doubt whether you are using any AC at all. Dealers are your source of info....Jokes apart,go out talk to some refrigeration engineers,do you keep company of educated people or just dealers? Kidding.

Im using two Carriers and have bad experiences with them,honestly.So I would suggest to stay away,rest is up to OP to decide.And Sharp is not run of the mill company they are Japanese and have invented or made LCDs what they are today for your information once again, and Sharp has very good after sales support,very good.

@ Rider ,Go read Rishis post about aluminum tubing and why?Very informative for people like you.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Thank you all especially @rider, @The Incinerator @aroraanant for your valuable suggestions.I have learnt many new things.
Today I met with a dealer, he told me if you have an option then go for split ac, he suggested me two acs one is r22 based, one is r410 based, now just tell me which one is right?
1. Hitachi Kaze Plus 2 Ton Split AC - RAU223HTD - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com
2. Carrier Estrella 2 Ton R410 based Priced Rs.49000
Actually, second one is out of my budget, I just want to ask, How's the Hitachi Kaze Plus 2 ton Split as compared to another 2 ton acs of Panasonic, Daikin, etc.
Hope to see reply soon.
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Hitachi Kaze indoor units are problematic. For Rs 40K you can get a Daikin which is better in terms of quality over that Hitachi.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
hello,
@ The Incinerator
Can you tell me what types of problems it will create? and also please tell me the consumption of this hitachi ac? if possible in units per hour.
Thank You
Geekcomputer_geek

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The Louvres on the Ac and Swing Mode gets in to trouble within months ,in some cases. In that case the shutter wont open and you cant use the AC!I have no Idea about power consumption but yes its total draw is or is more than 1800watts. I have a 1.5 ton Kaze in the guest room ,seldom used and has 3 stars. Otherwise I use a Sharp Inverter in my bedroom which draw 1440 watts in total for 1.5 ton operation.

So that is a difference of 360 watts and thats huge when using the AC 8hrs a day.More over the Inverter consumes only 500/700 watts when the AC reaches the desired 25C temps!

Top Bottom