Windows 9 Thread

kaz

right here
Microsoft plans for Windows 9 due next year. And probably there wont be any 8.2 in the future.
They are also trying to make their OS uniform across all devices which they failed to do in Windows 8.

More:
*winsupersite.com/windows-8/threshold-be-called-windows-9-ship-april-2015

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
I heard Metro 2...
Microsoft won't drop those tiles otherwise they will have to get something new for their Mobile Launcher too without copying iOS and Android :D

Hrishi

I am yet to try Windows 8.1 . I loved Windows 8 when it was launched but then due to compatibility issues I had to revert to Win 7 and I am still on it.
How's Windows 8.1 though ??

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Only reason I'm on Windows 7 HP is that in windows 8 and 8.1 VPN doesn't gets redialed automatically after disconnecting. Though people have came up with a Schedule Event to trigger a redial after the vpn disconnects. But doesn't works sometimes :(

$hadow

Geek in making
I haven't yet updated to 8.1. Will wait until the update become more stable. Windows 8 is working absolutely fine for me

DDIF

Custom User Title
I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 on my desktop and laptop and they both seem to startup faster.
I never did any benchmarking on windows 8 but still I feel Windows 8.1 is quite better performing than Windows 8.
As for my laptop, it does run cooler than before and battery backup has improved too.
OFFTOPIC: All this stability and performance put aside, I still don't like Windows.
I hope better Linux support for Steam games and emergence of SteamOS will soon let me get rid of Windows.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If Steam comes up with a better fork of Wine that can totally run any Windows games that cannot be ported to Linux, then its goodbye Windows for me.

However, I noticed that Windows 8.1 does boot up faster than 7.

Hrishi

Any reasons I should try Windows 8 over Windows 8.1 ?? I love a good UI , and absence of any lag.
My Windows 7 Laptop lags like hell , even though it's powered by Ivy Bridge Core I7.
---------------------------------------

How's the application start-up time , and web browsing in Windows 8/8.1 compared to Win7 ?

amjath

Human Spambot
I heard Metro 2...
Microsoft won't drop those tiles otherwise they will have to get something new for their Mobile Launcher too without copying iOS and Android :D

heard it would be a floating start menu, i think thats what metro 2 means

Any reasons I should try Windows 8 over Windows 8.1 ?? I love a good UI , and absence of any lag.
My Windows 7 Laptop lags like hell , even though it's powered by Ivy Bridge Core I7.

How's the application start-up time , and web browsing in Windows 8/8.1 compared to Win7 ?

best startup time ever in any of the windows so far. Dont know what to say about browsing

DDIF

Custom User Title

Like I said before I used Windows 8 for a long time and now using 8.1 and I haven't faced any stability issue.
Boot time is fast, laptop runs cool and on desktop gaming performance is good if not improved. So try a clean install of Windows 8.1 and report back.

Reloaded

In the zone
Too early for win 9 considering the fact the ms takes couple of years between releases. But honestly w 8.1 is awesome.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Recent update guys....
For those of you out there who absolutely love the Start menu in Windows, here is some bit of news that might be worth your time – apparently, it is not going to come back anytime soon, not at least until Windows 9 rolls out of the door, that is. While that might sound as though you will need to wait for a whole lot more, fret not – Windows 9 ain’t that far off since it is widely tipped to arrive as early as April next year, now how about that? In fact, it has also been whispered that Windows 9 could arrive RTM earlier this October, too.
Ready or not, Microsoft does look dead set on rolling out a major version update for Windows 9 early next year, which is not something that most of us are used to, but Microsoft has certainly made changes to the cycle in recent times. After all, Windows 8 did go through its fair share of revisions in the past, and heck, the operating system has yet to blow off the candles on its two-year old birthday cake just yet. Not only that, we also know that Microsoft has been rolling out a new version of Internet Explorer each year, which is something that took place every three years before IE9. Well, at least we have a better idea as to when the Start menu is going to return, right?
soucre: ubergizmo

Dastan

Broken In
Don't know why there is windows 8 hate all around - personally i fell very satisfied with the switch espeacially the 8.1 update

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Finally!!! start button will be more Windows 7 like

*static.myce.com/images_posts/2014/07/wpid-a3s6dlz.png

Top Bottom