Windows 8.... What do you think ?

Upgrading to Windows 8 ?

• Yes, For Sure !

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • No, Never Win 7 Is Still Best !

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Maybe, I'll Give Final Decision on Oct 26 !

Votes: 44 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
Oh ya !

1. They removed the Aero Glass theme effect from windows 8.

2. Colours everywhere, like your nursery classroom walls ....................... :grin:

3. Will Tablets be able to run Photoshop ? Video Editing apps ?

4. Can you play high resolution games on it ?

reniarahim1

Youngling
if ms allows to disable metro and bring back aero, i may upgrade my win 7 to 8. the improved boot time and shutdown time is one of the major advanage. its power efficient also.

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
^^
Oh ya !

1. They removed the Aero Glass theme effect from windows 8.

2. Colours everywhere, like your nursery classroom walls ....................... :grin:

3. Will Tablets be able to run Photoshop ? Video Editing apps ?

4. Can you play high resolution games on it ?

Glass effect is present in Windows 8 it was disabled while taking screen shots

Yes all high resolution games are supported unless u have correct Drivers

*nuclearrambo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PhotoShare.png ---Glass Effect or transparency

This is not my system image just found it on google

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
The Start screen replaces the Start menu in Windows 8. You can pin apps, contacts, and websites to Start to easily access what you use most. All of your apps—both apps you install from the Windows Store and desktop apps—are available from the Start screen. You can organize, group, and name categories of apps in whatever way makes sense to you. Tiles and notifications show what’s new so you can get important info and updates at a glance.

You can get to the Start screen by swiping in from the right edge of your screen and tapping the Start charm or by pointing your mouse to the upper-right corner of the screen and then clicking the Start charm. You can also use the Windows key on your keyboard to go to Start. Try Start8 for Windows 8 - Bringing back the Windows Start menu freeware it`ll bring back our Favorite start button

here is pic with start button:-

*betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Start8.png

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay I had to ask this as I will be moving to Win 8 when it comes, will it support the games which we are currently playing in Win 7? Will there be any incompatibility issue and should i stick with 7 x64 for it?
Also will there be two versions like 32, 64 bit or just one??

TIA.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Ah ! I haven't even completely switched to win7 . ( Using both xp and 7 )
Now here comes 8 .

I think it would have been better if Microsoft upgraded win7 with new features ( like a service pack ) rather than releasing a whole new OS .

And they can also release an optional update for making win7 tablet(touchscreen)-friendly.

amjath

Human Spambot
^yes,

Windows 8 to drop Aero UI for desktop | News | TechRadar
Microsoft dumps 'Aero' UI in Windows 8, 'Metro-izes' desktop - Computerworld

Windows 8 for tablets and smartphones, but u can see all many windows 8 demo on tablet and giant touchscreen displays

OP
Abhishek_Z

Abhishek_Z

Journeyman
I think even without Aero Win 8 might be great coz' if you've seen WP7 smartphone (Dosen't have aero) but it still works, even if you visit Microsoft Official Website then you may see Silverlight to work (actually better than other glossy:cool: websites, atleast I think so :-D). So if even Microsoft drops Aero, it might be that you may find the new UI better than Aero.

nadar.bsm

Right off the assembly line
After watching a review of Win 8 on Youtube many people think that Win 8 is Win 7 with Mosiac Metro UI. What are your comments ? Are you going to upgrade ?

we can switch back to the Win 7 UI if we want to in Win 8...
my opinion is that, the Metro UI is better or the tablet not for the desktop PC...

I will install Win 8 for its features but will switch off the Metro UI as I am not going to use the touch screen for my desktop at this time... even if anyone uses touch screen for desktop.. it really will be hard to use for daily use.. I rather use keyboard & mouse for the same..... :p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom