Windows 8 Disk acess requires administrator priv problem

angie

At last the devil is here
Hi,
Ever since I moved to win 8, I have been having this strange irritating problem. I have my hard disk partitioned in 2 drives (C & D)
Only one OS, namely win8 is installed in C.
Every disk access requires administrator priv. For eg. If I download any thing in any other directory than my documents/downloads it will popup a notification.
Same goes for IDM downloads. The problem becomes hugely frustrating when I can't rate my songs in Mediamonkey without opening it first in administrator mode. Same goes for unzipping rars with WinRar. Happens with all apps requiring disk access.

Must be some setting I have not been able to find. Tried to google but couldn't find a similar issue (mostly because don't know what to search for)
Please help. Last resort would be to move back to win 7.

Thanks

PS:1. UAC is set to off (the lowest setting)
2. In the properties->Security for D drive, I have given all users full control of the drive.
3. Only one user account is there. It is of admin type.

UPDATE:
Interestingly, after phrasing my problem in words and searching the title of this thread on google solved my problem. This is a really weird problem with win8.
Solved by using this- *superuser.com/questions/464758/how-do-i-disable-administrator-prompt-in-windows-8

Metro apps don't work any more. This is really a deal breaking feature/BUG of windows 8. Any better solutions would be most welcome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom