Windows 8.1 genuine pack verification

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I need genuine windows 8.1 pack, I searched online and found that mostly 8.1 is available in range of 7K-8K on site like FK , SD or amazon. However in one of the local store, he is offering it for 4.2K, he is insisting its sealed windows 8.1 pro box and once opened, can't be returned. Essentially, he is saying that once I purchases it, he has no liability in case it won't works. So, here is a naive question in terms of license of windows that can I verify it from box itself before actually paying.. like calling MS India and giving them number etc printed on box ?

Its sounds fishy to me but at 4.2K, its lucrative unless I finds a better deal elsewhere.

Any suggestions ?

cooldude94

Journeyman
If you can wait then it will be best in a few months time windows 10 will come and ot will be a free upgrade over windows 7,8 and 8.1 even if your current windows is pir***ed.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you are a student, you can apply for Dreamspark online to get free windows 8.1 licence.. I snagged 10X Windows 8, 10X Windows 8.1 keys from my it lol.. and all 20 keys can be directly upgraded to Windows 10
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/wind.PNG

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you are a student, you can apply for Dreamspark online to get free windows 8.1 licence.. I snagged 10X Windows 8, 10X Windows 8.1 keys from my it lol.. and all 20 keys can be directly upgraded to Windows 10
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/wind.PNG

:shock:

None of the NITs and only 3 IITs in the list of eligible colleges. What the hell man. :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It IS possible for "any" student having an student icard to apply for Dreamspark account. I am doing MCA, and even at this age I have successfully got the dreamspark student account. I use Windows Server edition free of cost. And also use other pro IDE's like Visual Studio and SQL Server.

Though, [MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION], dreamspark doesn't include Windows 8.1 Pro license. Or does it? I can only see Server edition of windows. Where do I get Windows 8.1 Pro edition?

*i.imgur.com/wgcn3XL.jpg

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^I did not know that.. It seems Windows 8.1 pro licence is available for dreamspark premium registered users, not the normal dreamspark..
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/dreamspark.PNG

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Update:

I tried to purchase that cheaper one, had almost paid but clearly it was a forged copy. Still bluntly he was assuring its genuine. I wonder how easily they are duping common people. And because of my previous research online, I got to know its duplicate otherwise was convinced.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I purchased from eBay from this guy

However he does not ship retail boxes. He will obtain a retail key from MS and print it on a sheet with the barcode and QR code, burn the ISO on DVD and ship them to you.

My experience with him was good and the key is working 100% genuine.

If you have doubts, you can first try to activate the key and if it gets activated, proceed to authorize payment via PaisaPay.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I purchased from eBay from this guy

However he does not ship retail boxes. He will obtain a retail key from MS and print it on a sheet with the barcode and QR code, burn the ISO on DVD and ship them to you.

My experience with him was good and the key is working 100% genuine.

If you have doubts, you can first try to activate the key and if it gets activated, proceed to authorize payment via PaisaPay.

He is selling windows 8.1 for minimum 7K , you can get it from reliable source like FK at 8.5 K .. pure retail copy.. Btw, how you verified that key is 100% genuine, can you do all updates etc without problem ?

icebags

Technomancer
Update:

I tried to purchase that cheaper one, had almost paid but clearly it was a forged copy. Still bluntly he was assuring its genuine. I wonder how easily they are duping common people. And because of my previous research online, I got to know its duplicate otherwise was convinced.

how did u decide it was forged ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
He is selling windows 8.1 for minimum 7K , you can get it from reliable source like FK at 8.5 K .. pure retail copy.. Btw, how you verified that key is 100% genuine, can you do all updates etc without problem ?
Yes. I can do all updates.

Plus, I have already activated it without any problems.

Last edited:
OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Yes. I can do all updates.

Plus, I have already activated it without any problems.

I doubt its authentic , but if it is then you are lucky otherwise anything apart from verified store is 100% fake.. that I know from recent research.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I doubt its authentic , but if it is then you are lucky otherwise anything apart from verified store is 100% fake.. that I know from recent research.

It is authentic. I confirmed with slui.exe and slmgr.

Top Bottom