Windows 8.1 blank screen after booting

dfizams

May be tomorrow
My gaming pc, configuration in the signature, running windows 8.1 pro64bit, while playing MGSV, hooked with Samsung led TV screen, suddenly showed blank screen with no response, even can not do ctrl, alt, del. PC is still running, had to do force shut down by pressing power button.
Upon restart, windows boot up normally, but after a few seconds (mouse is responsive during this ultra short period) the home screen goes static with horizontal lines, and then shows blank white-bluish screen. After that the system is not responsive, but it is running.
Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

charylortiz

Right off the assembly line
Yup it will fix with updating GPU or its drivers. GpU-Z helps to get know about static info of your pc.

gameranand

Living to Play
Try running Linux Live and see if that works. It will make sure that problem is with Windows and not hardware.

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Thanks everyone. I disconnected gtx 970 and run the windows with integrated gpu. It worked fine. But same problem persists if I use gtx 970. Haven't updated drivers yet as broadband internet is down.

- - - Updated - - -

About updating, how will I update as the monitor goes blank very soon? I hardly get any time to do any work on the computer before it goes blank.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I consider using warranty benefit. Bought last year January through flipkart. Please advise. Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boot into safe mode - uninstall existing display driver - reinstall new / old / stable version of graphic driver.

If still you face the issue - reinstall windows or windows 7 if if you want :D

gameranand

Living to Play
Thanks everyone. I disconnected gtx 970 and run the windows with integrated gpu. It worked fine. But same problem persists if I use gtx 970. Haven't updated drivers yet as broadband internet is down.

- - - Updated - - -

About updating, how will I update as the monitor goes blank very soon? I hardly get any time to do any work on the computer before it goes blank.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I consider using warranty benefit. Bought last year January through flipkart. Please advise. Thanks.

First do as TG said. If that doesn't help then obviously GPU has gone rogue and need to be replaced. Then you can proceed with the RMA.

Top Bottom