Windows 7 worries

Krazzy Juniorr

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E6500 2.93 GHz, 2 GB DDR3 Ram, and 250 GB HDD, Based on a G45 onboard graphics solution
I am dual booting with Windows XP professional in C , and Windows 7 ultimate in D, both run perfectly fine.
BUT the issue is with games. I had installed the games given in this months' DVD in both windows 7 and xp. but the games' performance was totally different. In xp all games run smoothy but the same games are very sluggish in win7. If the issue was with video card then i could understand but everything else like movies run perfectly in windows 7.
I had installed SuperTuxKart,and Smoking Guns in both. the latter refused to start in windows 7 and the former ran very sluggishly.While both ran without an tantrums in windows xp.
But games like Counter Strike run perfectly in Windows 7 too..... what may be the problem?????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ r the games using DX10 mode or something like that? cause XP is DX9 & latter is DX10. so the games may run in DX10 & the poor G45 unable take the load.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I have seen this happening. On my PC, win7 is not able to run games like peggle & bejeweled (arcade style games from popcap). However, there is no problem in playing 720p movies in windows 7.
There is no problem as such, just the fact that Windows 7 itself consumes all the power of the IGP.
2 solutions - either get a gfx card or just use windows XP for games

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
totally agree with Cool Buddy...do not blame it on Win7...although a 2GB RAM + Core2 Duo are good enough for game play on Win7 but you definitely need a separate graphics card for smooth play...I have nearly same setup (Intel Dual Core Proccy, 2GB RAM but a graphics card too) and I am able to play games like CoD, NFS-MW very smoothly...

2 solutions - either get a gfx card or just use windows XP for games

+1

anybody facing my prob : i have two hdd WD 160gb & Segate 360gb.

wd as primary i install win 7 with no issue and on restart the window hangs on the glowing logo. the prob is solved if i take out segate hdd. tried the error diagnostics. no effect.

XP runs fine. config C2D E6600. 2GB ram. POV 8600GT gfx

Try booting it in safe mode and track where the boot process stops.
If possible run memtest or try windows automated recovery from Win7 DVD.

Top Bottom