Windows 7 vs XP Performance Shoot-Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

harihacker

Broken In
Have been using Win 7 from the day beta started to leak... And I can assure u that if u have 2 GB card and a descent graphics chipset, then Win 7 runs like breeze... No problems what so ever.... It have now evolved to become rock solid and secure OS....

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
3 won by xp. 3 won by 7. Average, eh? :lol:
LOL! :lol: average in this context doesn't mean mathematical average :lol: k!!! then look Out of 7, 3 are won by XP and in 3 xp is at last but on the other hand 3 are won by win7 but win7 is not last in any...lol u took it other way..Hope u get what i am trying to say...:) or i think i have to say Kaaaw Kaaw Kraaaaw :p :p :lol: hehe

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I have been using Windows 7 since its RC release and now using the 64 bit RTM . Haven't yet faced any problems with it, but re-installed thrice due to the bad sectors in HDD(see my siggy:-x). In all aspects,it won IMO.

Playing GTA 4 in W7 w/o any problem and eh... i forgot to install most of the drivers(except Catalyst 9.10),but still everything working great, even my Samsung ML1610 works great w/o even installing any driver....:-o

As Krazzy Warrior said, Win 7 and XP levelled at the contest but newer is always better in may aspects.. Isn't it?

I'm a bit skeptical to run Win7 atm. Not to mention most offices and businesses still run XP to date. It's them that MS has to woo with immediate effect, we are already fans of Win7 (atleast I like it)

I did run the RC and beta versions of Win7 and found it much better than Vista anyday, in terms of responsiveness and stability.

With XP though, I doubt whether booting a few seconds faster will make any difference.

I prefer XP even now (mainly because I dont have money to upgrade to a bigger HDD and back-up), but given the chance (and money) I'll go ahead for win7.

For now (or atleast a few months) it's a pass for me.

Are there any application compatibilty issue? even if there are, is Virtual XP mode capable of handling it?

Krow

Crowman
Well, to me its still a shame that Win7 can't blow away an almost decade old OS (XP). Whatever laws of average you take, it will be the same.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Do you remember how fast windows 98SE used to be when compared to XP???

one or two years down the line, most of the games and s/w's will be optimized for win7 and then XP will be history :)

The same was said about Vista, that soon "games and software" will be optimized for it. We all know where that went :rolleyes:

But I think Win7 will be a success. Albeit it's too early to judge now.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^what I heard about vista is that it was ahead of it's time and also, it is not as optimized a win7.

manishjha18

In the zone
hey i had to format my c drive every 6 months in xp.
with windows 7 --nothing. have been using for almost 6 months--best part it installs very quickly if u install it by a usb... and i love seven system restore function--way better than xp.in xp i had to boot by cd and then have to type command lines in dos..
u dont need these things in seven--
and last of all awesome library system of seven. i dont have to browse through different drives to search my all secretmyth collection..

Krow

Crowman
^^Do you remember how fast windows 98SE used to be when compared to XP???

one or two years down the line, most of the games and s/w's will be optimized for win7 and then XP will be history :)
Well, I did not need to format XP every other week, unlike 98SE. I have not had any virus attack on XP for about 3 years now, so security is no concern. It still should blow away XP IMO.

^^what I heard about vista is that it was ahead of it's time and also, it is not as optimized a win7.
Hmmm... I really doubt that. What I felt about Vista was that it was rushed. Ahead of its time is a really doubtful thing for me. By those standards, Mac OS X was always in the future.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Mac OS X is designed with specific builds in mind.

Vista's main problem was with h/w drivers. Most of the manufacturers did not bring out h/w drivers even months after vista's release. That hurt it most.

if you check win7, most of the h/w is ready for vista by the time win7 released and hence the positivity around win7.

Krow

Crowman
^^Mac OS X is designed with specific builds in mind.

Vista's main problem was with h/w drivers. Most of the manufacturers did not bring out h/w drivers even months after vista's release. That hurt it most.
Well, FCP runs in mac and it is by far the industry standard video editing software. Not everyone can afford an AvidLiquid machine. FCP was a cheaper alternative which is as good for them. Agreed about vista drivers.
if you check win7, most of the h/w is ready for vista by the time win7 released and hence the positivity around win7.
This is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom