Windows 7 SP1 Released

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ready for 7601?

It's been talked about since the very original release of Windows 7 and now it's finally here. That's right, if you've been holding off on Windows 7 until the first Service Pack, today is the day that you can finally step up.

Now available for direct download from Microsoft are Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1. You can grab it from Tom's Guide's downloads section, but if you're only updating one machine, then you are probably better off just running Windows Update.

Windows 7 SP1 Released, Available for Download

Download :
Download details: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 KB976932

*support.microsoft.com/kb/976932

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Thanks for news for who disable the automatic update,you can also see in windows update and I already update on 24/02/11.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
auto update recommended. auto update downloaded only 76-78Mb in my case but the ISO file is of ~700Mb size.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, auto update should be used but I think it's always handy to keep the BIG service pack file in collection - we can distribute it if we like to and it can be slipstreamed to make a updated win7 disc as well.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
better get it from Digits DVD if they provide it. downloading such a big update, not easy for everyone.

yes, it can be slipstreamed & then we'll have a Win7 SP1 bootable DVD with all the latest patches & security updates.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Updated yesterday. But why doesn't Microsoft force WGA with the service pack? Why not hunt down the pirates?

It was 66MB for me btw.

pauldmps

Banned
It does ask for validation when downloading from their website. And since automatic updates don't work on pirated copy of Windows (literally!), they don't bother forcing it through Automatic Updates.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Updated yesterday. But why doesn't Microsoft force WGA with the service pack? Why not hunt down the pirates?

It was 66MB for me btw.

If you pull from Windows Live, I guess it has pre-checked for WGA and does it each time. Did both my gaming rig and netbook from WL, was a breeze.

Whistler81

The One and Only
Why does .GIF files not open with Windows Photo Viewer, Seems Microsoft has lost the code snippet, such a silly thing having to open a gif file with Internet Explorer. Hope this SPhas a fix for that.

pauldmps

Banned
Seems like Microsoft wants people to pirate.

Yup! It does want people to pirate.

The download link of Windows 7 from Microsoft's partner Digital River's server is open for anyone to download. Also Microsoft does not disable a pirated copy of Windows 7. It just displays a message in the right-corner which can be ignored.

The reason for this, I presume, is Microsoft wants to continue its monopoly over PCs by keeping its market share up & thus divert developers of games & softwares towards Windows.

Top Bottom