Windows 7 RC expected at the end of February

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Update: Windows 7 RC set for April 10, 2009

*www.neowin.net/images/news/newlogos/ms_win7.gif

WinFuture, a German website reports that the one and only RC build of Windows 7 will be ready at the end of February to be sent to select testers.

According to WinFuture's sources, the first-RC build has been compiled by now. The build number currently under test is not known, however WinFuture reports that 7048 was the latest build of Windows 7 and might be the RC, created a few days before and confirms that work is currently going on around the Windows 7 RC build.

The German website also reports that MSDN/TechNet subscribers along with the other private beta testers, would receive the RC build after 27th February, but not sure about the public beta which ended few weeks back.

Neowin earlier reported that we could be seeing the Windows 7 RC in early April, but with the rumor that Windows 7 is set to hit RTM in August, no wonder we can expect the RC build very soon!

Source

Update:

There have been so many dates flying around concerning the upcoming Release Candidate for Windows 7, and it's beginning to become a daily subject in the blogosphere. Just when you thought that we were going to see a Windows 7 RC by the end of February, a trusted source within Microsoft has informed Neowin that the RC will not be ready by the end of February.

At this time, Windows 7 RC is internally being tested and the official release date is set for April 10, 2009. The Windows team is right on schedule with development, and if there are no significant problems over the next few weeks the April 10, 2009 release date will remain in tact.

Not much information is available at this time. We're uncertain if the release will be a world-wide, and Microsoft is expected to do more testing before releasing a RC build to the public. With that in mind, TechNet and MSDN subscribers should be the first to receive the RC build. A recent email conversation between Paul, over at GeekSmack, and Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft Senior Vice President of Windows, revealed that there have been over 500,000 suggestions since the public launch of the Windows 7 Beta.

Sinofsky mentioned that, "recently we've seen people talk about 'RC Builds' and the like. First, all builds since the beta are RC builds since by definition that is the next milestone. But by far the most humorous element has been that the build numbers blogged about are higher than our current build. Today's build is 7046, but it hasn't completed yet :)."

Other than the UAC fixes that were highlighted earlier this month, not much is known as to what has been changed or fixed in these internal builds, we'll keep you up to date with more information as it comes our way.

Source

Last edited:
Great news. I seriously look forward to the Home Basic edition this time because now its exclusively for "emerging" markets like India and is expected to be damn cheap. So congratulate me in advance for what would propably be my first "real" purchase of windows (exclusively for gaming and for use by my family).

This time, Starter is OEM Exclusive, while Ultimate is greater than Business is greater than Home Premium all of which are retail versions.

Minimum Config:

1GB RAM
1GHz CPU although I personally think a Pentium III may be too weak.
128MB Video RAM for Aero
DirectX 9.0 capable Graphics

This means I can install Windows 7 on my current rig after adding a gig of RAM. :D

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
y Microsoft is asking for low system requirements this time, when compared to their resource hungry Vista?!!!

aura

Sync dreams to reality
I don't think so this news to be correct. They have quite recently launched the next milestone version 7022 to public on Feburary 10th. According to some reviewers the RC version is expected to arrive sometime in April 09 and the final verison RTM is expected during the Christmas holidays.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The system requirements of Windows 7 is same as Windows Vista. Just that in 2009 Pentium 4 & Pentium 3 are considered to be old CPU & 1 GB RAM to be very low while in 2006 they were regarded as high end.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
This early??? I was only just getting used to Vista! Why doesn't MS let their users USE a damned OS before declaring it old and broken???

anurag_bhd

May the Force be with you
Well, I am just waiting for the final release of Windows 7. And the speed with which they are announcing pre-releases, I guess we would be having Windows 7 final by the end of this year or maximum by the start of the next year. :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Expected, I saw Win7 Build 7022 in torrents some time back, and found build 7032 to be next, maybe that'll be the Release candidate.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
MetalheadGautham said:
Great news. I seriously look forward to the Home Basic edition this time because now its exclusively for "emerging" markets like India and is expected to be damn cheap. So congratulate me in advance for what would probably be my first "real" purchase of windows (exclusively for gaming and for use by my family).

This time, Starter is OEM Exclusive, while Ultimate is greater than Business is greater than Home Premium all of which are retail versions.

Minimum Config:

1GB RAM
1GHz CPU although I personally think a Pentium III may be too weak.
128MB Video RAM for Aero
DirectX 9.0 capable Graphics

This means I can install Windows 7 on my current rig after adding a gig of RAM.
There is no Home Basic AFAIK. There's just Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional. Starter, Business, Enterprise cannot be bought and Ultimate is overkill for home.

BTW I've gone through your blog, and I doubt Aero would run on your graphics. Early build of Vista allowed Aero on GMA 900, the retails didnt, because of changes in requirements.

gxsaurav said:
The system requirements of Windows 7 is same as Windows Vista. Just that in 2009 Pentium 4 & Pentium 3 are considered to be old CPU & 1 GB RAM to be very low while in 2006 they were regarded as high end.
It amazes me hoe 3 years have passed away, since we first saw Vista. It feels like yesterday!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom