Windows 7 OS Product key Move to new Motherboard???

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
i have Windows 7 Professional genuine OS . due to lighting my Intel 82945G Board fully damage . now how to transfer my Activation key to a new board . is it possible or my 7000+ rupees gone .. ??? please help me. thank you.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
i have Windows 7 Professional genuine OS . due to lighting my Intel 82945G Board fully damage . now how to transfer my Activation key to a new board . is it possible or my 7000+ rupees gone .. ??? please help me. thank you.

Pick up the phone!
Oddly, Microsoft is not strict about making sure you obey the terms of their software license. They are often happy to help you activate a copy of Windows on a new or upgraded computer even if you have an OEM license. They just want to talk to you about it in person.
The process is simple. Install Windows on a computer and insert the activation key as normal. When Windows starts and you connect to the Internet you will receive an error message letting you know that your copy of Windows is not genuine. Click on the text link that lets you solve the problem online and try to activate the key again. When it fails once more, you are given the chance to call into Microsoft support.
*cdn.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/windowsactivation4.png?92a7a3
Do this. You will end up speaking to a representative who will ask you the circumstances of your installation. While these representatives are likely to let you activate even if you’re blatantly moving an OEM license, a simple white lie can help smooth the gears. Just let them know that you’ve upgraded your computer, causing the activation to flag. They’ll press a few buttons on their end and presto! You’ve just activated your Windows key on a different computer, and since it’s 100% legit, you don’t need to worry about a new Windows update messing with your PC.

Source: makeuseof.com

Last edited:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
When I replaced asus motherboard with gigabyte an year back, I contacted ms customer care and they gave me a new activation code. I think I used the ivr system to get the new code.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
[MENTION=17478]baiju[/MENTION] , was it smooth ? Many people used to report it being a nighmare at times.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Use this:

*i.imgur.com/Ypscwlc.png

Top Bottom