Windows 7, Microsoft’s most widely tested product, launches at a price cut in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: Windows 7, Microsoft’s most widely tested product, launches at a price cut in Ind

^^if you think win7 startup was as fast as that of Xp's, you should look at the amount of time that xp takes to boot on my company laptop.

Krow

Crowman
Re: Windows 7, Microsoft’s most widely tested product, launches at a price cut in Ind

^^if you think win7 startup was as fast as that of Xp's, you should look at the amount of time that xp takes to boot on my company laptop.
I was talking of my PC desii. Same specs for both OSes except for x86 XP and x64 7. Boot up times are similar. Company laptop as in? Many people use it? If yes, then well, even 7 startup could be as slow. If not slower. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^no. logging in to domain is much faster in vista and win7. by faster, i mean lot lot faster. let me finish taking a video of bootup time of my home pc running win7 and laptop running xp

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

BTW, windows 7 Ultimate upgrade price is around $135 and home premium upgrade is around $100.

Windows 7 ultimate retail bozx pack is around $312.

So it seems like upgrading to ultimate would be a wiser choice

not so, I used linux when ubuntu was not there, however opensuse , fedora are my prime choices.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@azaad_shri75, today's ubuntu is lot lot better than most other linux distros for home use. You need not worry about dependencies when installing s/w, ipod can be synced to your media list.

I would say that it is the best Free OS for home use if you are not into gaming and heavy multimedia usage.

I was not able to continue with it as my TV Tuner card doesn't work with this OS. The day that I see a TV tuner manufacturer to provide support, driver and app for linux, that would be the day when I will put linux in dual boot mode forever.

I didn't liked means, that I don't have any aversion for it, for atleast 4yrs my pc was dual boot with any of the linux flavours especially RH, followed by fedora and SuSe , others I have tried occasionally and also distributed ubuntu cds to different groups, since yr am not using linux as pc is primly used for music production and editing etc:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom