Windows 7 Kills Snow Leopard and Eats It

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/05/ballmer-kittens.jpg​

OK people, it's over. Clearly, Windows 7 will kill and eat Snow Leopard. Apparently, people don't give a damn about the kitten, but are drooling over Steve B's beast. At least, that's what Google Trends says:

*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/05/Picture_11.png​

Of course, while Snow Leopard's new core features were revealed during last WWDC, Windows 7 was just unveiled. That may explain the spike in favor of the new Windows version, but if you look at the Google Trends, you will see that it also includes the time in which Snow Leopard was revealed to the world in June 2008. It barely blinked in this graph.

We also knew about the most exciting things about Snow Leopard back in June 2008, but these are things under the hood. Windows 7, on the other side, got a new coat of paint. That may another part of this change, but still, look at the scale of those curves.

The easy—and most reasonable—explanation is that Mac OS X doesn't matter in most places, and that the size of Window's market share is so big that it really will never matter—no matter what Mac OS X fanboys think—unless the whole computing paradigm changes from desktops and laptops to something else. Out there, it is still a big Windows world and the Mac is just a tiny aluminum oasis in a sea of beige.

GIZMODO

J

Joker

so?

Google trends & windowjjjj seven make windowjjj better than mac os x?????? :lol:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
See how windows7 has been killed and eaten by rat... ;-)

*google.com/trends?q=windows7%2C+rat&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=1

blondie

Broken In
meh! pure BS. it also means more people are already searching about more problems in win7 already even before the actual release. way to go.

Delta

Journeyman
Of course.. Windows platform has more user base..

Just a personal opinion. Never used Win7 but, Leopard easily beats Vista in terms of ease of use.

I_no

__________ ___ __
How many of you think that if Apple released OSX to the public untied to apple hardware, just like windows and we could install it onto our windtel and winmd, then it could actually be a threat to Windows.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nope. not immediately but after, say 3-4 years, it would compete with windows. But that is never going to happen.

First, they need to get it working with millions of devices (like windows does) and softwares which itself is a near impossible task.

Second, They need to put the license price right

Third, They need to seriously consider licensing Mac OS X to other vendors :)

I_no

__________ ___ __
nope. not immediately but after, say 3-4 years, it would compete with windows. But that is never going to happen.

First, they need to get it working with millions of devices (like windows does) and softwares which itself is a near impossible task.

Second, They need to put the license price right

Third, They need to seriously consider licensing Mac OS X to other vendors :)

So, you agree that there is going to be only Windows forever??
Any ideas about what it would take for a new OS to become equally popular as Windows??

I knew it. Once the spam stops, fanboyism was bound to return. Us mods needn't be laid off anymore :D

So... everyone is warned. Yeah even me. No foul provocative statements. :p

On a personal note: Penguins are just about to break in through windows and eat your cats up. :twisted:

I knew it. Once the spam stops, fanboyism was bound to return. Us mods needn't be laid off anymore :D

On a personal note: Penguins are just about to break in through windows and eat your cats up. :twisted:

I_no

__________ ___ __

That cat is just a penguin dressed up like a cat by some shiny company, which makes you pay heck lot just for a logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom