Windows 7 Explorer Jumplist

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
This thing has been bothering me ever since I have started using Windows 7 (around 6 months back). How does Windows 7 select what folders are to be shown in the explorer jumplist?

It never shows the folders I use the most and would love to have in the context menu for quick access, but it shows all the folders which have been accessed just once and even deleted ones.

I did this today, I used CCleaner to delete all history and recently used items so that the jumplist was empty. I then opened my portable applications folder from my hard disk and launched a program from there, then closed the explorer window. It didn't appear in the jump list (just to be clear, I wanted this folder in the jump list). Then I opened a movie from windows explorer and closed the explorer window. It had immediately appeared in the jump list. Then I opened and closed the portable apps folder 4-5 times, every time making sure I run a file from there. I also launched 3 movies, each from different folders. After this, all the 3 movie folders were in the jump list, but portable apps folder still wasn't there. What's wrong with Windows?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You can create your own custom jump list...
How to Create your Own Custom Jump List | 7 Tutorials

Top Bottom