Windows 7 boot problem

itsmeraja

Broken In
I was using windows 7 ultimate 32bit which got slow suddenly..i restarted it & it got stuck at "starting windows"..repair windows was no success.
tried to reinstall with dvd.chose ultimate 64bit.previous installations took 3-4 hrs but this time "saving windows files" took 9hr.installation was complete.it restarted.at "starting services" it went back to installation process.everything was green tick except "completing installation" which was stuck for 2hrs with no success..i swithed off.
what to do now??

OP
I

itsmeraja

Broken In
Remove previous installation partitions, create a new one from unallocated space and reinstall windows 7.

As I was trying so, it was saying i will lost all my data..i have 3 partitions..C: has 13gb free, D: 11gb free, E: 54 gb free..i have many important files in E drive..can i protect them anyhow?
anyway what is the problem with my system ?? is it bad HDD??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
C Drive size is too less. Should be around 20 GB minimium.

Use a bootable linux pendrive to backup/copy your files to a USB HDD. And then remove all the partitions.

OP
I

itsmeraja

Broken In
It had 19gb free but that failed installation has cost me the space.
I have a moderate knowledge about computer so i have few question,
i have bootable linux dvd..will it work ??..else i will try to make it in pen drive , which i dont know yet.
if i connect my hdd in another computer, will the files be accesseble then ??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Should work. Which linux distro is in that DVD?
Should be accessible but time consuming and/or cumbersome. Bootable linux dvd/pendrive is faster way to backup your files.

OP
I

itsmeraja

Broken In
Linux fedora 20.
i will try to make it in a pendrive if necessary.
i have negligible experience of linux..one or two of my distant friends know..can u guide me any tutorial.

Top Bottom