Windows 2k3 server infected : need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhasingale

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

My windows 2003 server SE is infected with some trojan/worm due to which the font is diplayed in junk characters in some places. Please help me in removing this. Attaching a snap shot hereby.

Problem Snapshot
*img221.imageshack.us/img221/8453/win2k3prbqj9.jpg

royal

Padawan
If you are sure that its a virus, try scanning it with an Antivirus ...
I use NOD32 with Win2k3 and can safely say that its one of the best :cool:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
What firewall you use @Suhasingale? If not install ZoneAlarm firewall. It's the best one.
That will keep things safe from hackers. It maybe a virus also. Windows O.S with all
patches is not safe!! Since any virus/worm can attach a malicious code to any file
& execute it to deadly effect!! Use a good anitvirus & update the virus definitions.
Do a full System scan.

OP
S

suhasingale

Journeyman
I have already scanned mu full system with different Antivirus softwares. I have also scanned the whole machine with microsoft live scan.

Somebody please give me the solution.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
may be a update to Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1 would be good idea?

I have already scanned mu full system with different Antivirus softwares. I have also scanned the whole machine with microsoft live scan.

whats the result?? any virus found??

use some GOOD avs online scan such as Kaspersky or Symantec scanner

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If nothing works, format the drive in which you have installed Windows 2003 Server.
And reinstall Windows. I think this should fix your problem.

OP
S

suhasingale

Journeyman
@JGuru... i know formatting the OS will solve my problem..
But i came here thinking that i will get some solution for my prb.

@saurav...
There were some virusus found after the scan which was cleared by the software. After that i scanned the whole machine twice to confirm that there is no virus left behind..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom