Windows 10 weird issues

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION]

Can we use the recovery discs made in the older system in the replaced system? The specs are same but the serial number, motherboard etc. is changed.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION]

Can we use the recovery discs made in the older system in the replaced system? The specs are same but the serial number, motherboard etc. is changed.

Drivers would be different. I do not recommend it.

Minion

Conversation Architect
1)use your laptop model no. to find wifi driver just google <laptop model> drivers download
Then go to HP site.
for e.g for my laptop i get this page HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Notebook PC Drivers and Downloads | HP® Customer Support

1)For some reason microsoft wifi driver cause frequent signal losses hence wifi disconnection.

Got your point but the drivers are already installed and are up to date, so why download and install them again?

2)I have no idea but it is related to chipset driver and prevent system from shutting down or restart.

Will try that.

3)Avira and 360 internet security gives very good protection for free and will not slows down you PC.

4)I said to scan laptop since WD is not very good at blocking malware and these viruses cause all type of slow downs and problem.

Any source for what you have mentioned as asked by [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION]

1)Because wifi drivers provided by microsoft are buggy.
Just download WIFI driver from HP website it will solve wifi issue.
3)Install Avira/360 and see for yourself boot time will vastly improve.
Not everything are written over internet I used almost all AVs and know how they performs.
4)MSE detection ratio hovers around 95% and those 5% can cause serious damage to OS.
Goodbye Microsoft Security Essentials: Microsoft Now Recommends You Use a Third-Party Antiviru
Microsoft security tool fails malware detection tes

These articles are old but nothing has changed since.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Board was changed, right ? If the model is exactly same, then you may give it a try.

I am not gonna give it a try dear, don't have time to spend 7-8 hours again on creation of those discs. Just wanted to be sure so that I am ready for emergencies. Board and everything was changed as it is a replaced unit. I think it should work, needed expert advice btw.

1)Because wifi drivers provided by microsoft are buggy.
Just download WIFI driver from HP website it will solve wifi issue.
3)Install Avira/360 and see for yourself boot time will vastly improve.
Not everything are written over internet I used almost all AVs and know how they performs.
4)MSE detection ratio hovers around 95% and those 5% can cause serious damage to OS.
Goodbye Microsoft Security Essentials: Microsoft Now Recommends You Use a Third-Party Antiviru
Microsoft security tool fails malware detection tes

These articles are old but nothing has changed since.

1. Will do and will get back to you.
3. & 4. Not everything is written over the internet, I have used some of the most used AV's and I think MSE/WD are good if you want to opt for free AV's, no offence to Avira, Avast etc., if you really want to spend money then go for KAV, yes I am offending every other paid av's.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am not gonna give it a try dear, don't have time to spend 7-8 hours again on creation of those discs. Just wanted to be sure so that I am ready for emergencies. Board and everything was changed as it is a replaced unit. I think it should work, needed expert advice btw.

I was also wondering that why did you want to try it in the first place.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION]

Which is the wifi driver?

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION]

Which is the wifi driver?

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
Download both these and checks which one works looks Like HP is drunk.

Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers
Intel Wireless LAN Drivers

I think you should try realtek first then intel.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Brother what's up with the line in bold?

Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n driver currently installed in the laptop is 2023.30.301.2016 which is newer than the version on the site 2023.18.814.2015, how is the older model having the date of June 15, 2016 on the site?

Not able to find the Intel one in the device manager. Should I go for it? I am on a very slow and limited internet so please guide accordingly.

Download both these and checks which one works looks Like HP is drunk.

Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers
Intel Wireless LAN Drivers

I think you should try realtek first then intel.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Brother what's up with the line in bold?

Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n driver currently installed in the laptop is 2023.30.301.2016 which is newer than the version on the site 2023.18.814.2015, how is the older model having the date of June 15, 2016 on the site?

Then Download realtek one.

Regarding Bold line why the hell HP mentioned both Intel and Realtek wifi drivers for a single device.

- - - Updated - - -

But I have already have the latest version installed. So, what to do next?

Did you downloaded that realtek driver or is it from Microsoft?If it is from microsoft then download realtek wifi driver from HP website and install.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^many laptop manufacturers have different hardware for same model in different countries.This particular model,i think,comes with intel wifi in USA as the driver download link used was for en-US.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Then Download realtek one.

Regarding Bold line why the hell HP mentioned both Intel and Realtek wifi drivers for a single device.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you downloaded that realtek driver or is it from Microsoft?If it is from microsoft then download realtek wifi driver from HP website and install.

I didn't download the realtek driver, it was updated via Windows update I think. From where do Windows update download/update these drivers, I am talking about realtek, Intel etc. from MS, Laptop Manufacturer or Intel/Realtek?

^^many laptop manufacturers have different hardware for same model in different countries.This particular model,i think,comes with intel wifi in USA as the driver download link used was for en-US.

There is no link for India, so I guess the US one should do it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yeah that should solve your wifi issue.

Downloading the same dear, will update asap. From where do Windows update download/update these drivers, I am talking about realtek, Intel etc. from MS, Laptop Manufacturer or Intel/Realtek?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION]

Dear Brothers, I have installed the driver. Will update if the issue is there again.

Why I am seeing Urdu, Chinese stuff?
*oi64.tinypic.com/1onodd.jpg
*oi68.tinypic.com/2q80spe.jpg

I can delete the second file, but it comes back after few restarts. Anything to worry? Any sign of malware or something?

Top Bottom