Windows 10 get for FREE

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Install the Technical preview and you get to upgrade to retail version. Free.

Microsoft is giving away Windows 10 to anyone who tests it | The Verge

MS did a flip flop, its now free again but without a license. May be it means you don't get support for free. Since you are technical preview user, why would you need support anyway.

Microsoft flip-flops on Windows 10 for Insiders promise - SlashGear

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That would be news. It *would be* since... this:

Update, June 21st 9:45AM: Microsoft has updated its blog post today and removed references to "remain activated." The stealthy edit isn't acknowledged, and we've reached out to the company for comment.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Its been updated that its still stays free and can clean install free.
but you don't get the license free. whatever that means.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.slashgear.com/microsoft-flip-flops-on-windows-10-for-insiders-promise-21389863/

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I had clean installed the window 10240 insider preview as I am already a member on my Notion ink tablet 10" . It is smooth and nice. The activation screen tells it is activated.

Techguy

In the zone
Windows 10: Microsoft can disable pirated software, unauthorised hardware | The Indian Express

well that's bad...

Confirmed as false; it's just that almost every site decides to copy-paste and spread it (especially Indian ones - they don't know what they're doing).

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I slowly changing the way I work and application I use, soon will have 100% migration to Linux!
Better to have a dua boot

OS system,before opting out for full migration.If you are new to Linux OS,then best choice will be Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
So that M$ can Spy on Everyone

(Person of Interest) - In Reality

funny how Google has been doing this on a much larger for years and no one will criticize them
But when it comes to Apple and Microsoft, even a little bit gets them criticism
also Google doesnt even have an "off-switch" for spying
atleast Microsoft and Apple have an option to opt out of Advertising ID etc

- - - Updated - - -

I slowly changing the way I work and application I use, soon will have 100% migration to Linux!

Better to have a dua boot

OS system,before opting out for full migration.If you are new to Linux OS,then best choice will be Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

To be very frank,Linux is good for professional stuff but really fails as a consumer OS unless you only use the web browser and Media bits of it
to do simple tasks,you need to do complex commands- sudo apt this and sudo apt that
Its a good OS no doubt but you want use it as a "complete" replacement to windows
We use Ubuntu on our POS systems in our stores now and its awesome because of its flexibility and smooth performance on low-end hardware and also has an added advantage because the staff wont know how to use it for "personal use"

Top Bottom