WindowBlinds 6.02 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
WindowBlinds 6.02 released
Maintenance release improves performance, adds MyColors support

Stardock has released WindowBlinds 6.02. WindowBlinds is a program that allows users to change the look and feel of Windows XP and Windows Vista by applying a new visual style. Users can download thousands of free visual styles from websites such as WinCustomize.com, deviantART, SkinBase, Customize.org, and more. Thanks to years of optimization, WindowBlinds not only won't slow down your computer, it is faster than Windows XP or Windows Vista is by default thanks to making use of video acceleration features in ATI, nVidia, and Intel-based video adapters. Moreover, WindowBlinds makes heavy use of resource sharing and as a result typically uses less memory than when using the default Windows XP or Windows Vista visual styles.
WindowBlinds 6.02 is a maintenance release designed fix some reported bugs, improve skin changing speed, and add support for MyColors themes.
WindowBlinds is a free download at *www.windowblinds.net. Users can purchase an enhanced registered version which adds additional functionality for $19.95 (or get it as part of Object Desktop which adds several additional programs and costs $49.95).
Download: www.windowblinds.net
Screenshots:
*www.draginol.com/images/WindowBlinds6.02released_12C1B/wbjan08_thumb.jpg
Windows XP with a WindowBlinds skin applied​
*www.draginol.com/images/WindowBlinds6.02released_12C1B/wbjan08a_thumb.jpg
Windows Vista with Leo WindowBlinds skin applied​
*www.draginol.com/images/WindowBlinds6.02released_12C1B/image_thumb.png
Windows XP with Aero Diamond applied

Source -> WinCustomize.com​

New

Padawan
Thanks for the info*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/105.gif..Going to download now*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/36.gif

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i used several times.. but many a times they are very resource huingry...

default themes in vista is mroe than good for me..

Indyan

Here Since 2003
lol @ naveen.

WB can actually be very light. Depends upon what type of theme you are using. If you use a basic theme its lighter than the bundled service. And you can actually save resource by disabling windows theme service and using wblinds.
But, offcourse if you use a theme with per pixel alpha blending, loads of effects, transparency etc, its gonna use more resources.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
sorry edited my prev post... thought that it was too hasrsh,..... anyway....

but WB is very difficult to crack.. so its worthless asking key...

@indyan...

true.. it can be light....

but it takes up huge resource for its working itself... it runs twice as much and takes twice as much than default aero theme

^It is cracked :D dont ask me the source though, and i dont use cracked software :)
I dont get one thing. On a computer running windows vista with XPDM drivers, like on the 915 Graphics chips, why WindowsBlinds is unable to use transparency effects, like that in aero diamond on XP. I dont think that XPDM drivers are unable to do transparency in the old, XP style. I mean, why there is no fallback mode available :x ?

Island Dog

Broken In
but it takes up huge resource for its working itself... it runs twice as much and takes twice as much than default aero theme

In most cases WindowBlinds will be faster than Windows theme engine. It uses barely any resources, and the memory hog myths are based from many versions ago.

If you use a cracked copy, it's going to affect your system. ;) It's only $20, if you like it, purchase it and support the development.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I am really puzzled by the huge resource usage claims.
I have always found it to be lighter than windows one. Remember the windows theme service also takes up memory, but you can't see it separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom