window media player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbies

Broken In
does any body have cure for installing windows media player11 ??
when i install windows media player 11 on my xp sp2.
it gives error message saying something like "my xp is not genuine"
any ideas ?? (yup my xp cd worth rs 70).
i tried GOOGLING (i guess the term googling is not allowed now) any ways i found out that you need to replace few .dll files etc etc..
is there any easy ways..??

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Someone can have solution but he will not discuss here, coz illegal & pirated both these things r not allowed here.

choudang

Padawan
would you like to buy a Genuine Microsoft Windows to install WMP 11? if so go ahead or take the help from World Wide Web.

dude "newbies"... you saw "warroior"'s signature? That applies to you man!!!
Go figure!! (You got no limits... get the drift?)

N besides whats all the hullaballoo abt WMP11.. WHy do you wanna upgrade anyway? Golden rule : If it aint broken, dont fix it.. esp. if its MS s/w.

n anyways you have enough other better options to WMP.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Seriously man. Only a few like us have genuine windows. For the rest, there is no option but to ask here. :-D

And IMO, WMP11 is not anything to die for (or buy genuine windows for that matter :-D). Stick to 10, or the solution is right there, get genuine windows.

hansraj

In the zone
@newbies
friend i installed windows media player 11 and here is my opinion about it.
a. It does not have an option of opening the folder in which the audio file is placed from the "libray option"
b. U cannot tag the mp3 and other files as elaborately as u can tag them in wmp 10
c. Looks are not very good... just about ok
d. It does not minimize to the taskbar as the wmp 9 and 10 ver do.
and there will be many more drawbacks which i could not find as i got fed up with the above mentioned problems and finally did a system restore to get rid of wmp 11.

my suggestion is wmp 11 is not worth keeping and i am happy with wmp 10.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
@hansraj
To open the file location, right click the file and click the last option in the contex menu, open file location. You can do it from the library as well as the playlist.

choudang

Padawan
hansraj said:
a. It does not have an option of opening the folder in which the audio file is placed from the "libray option"

d. It does not minimize to the taskbar as the wmp 9 and 10 ver do.

Ans: a.
aditya.shevade said:
To open the file location, right click the file and click the last option in the contex menu, open file location. You can do it from the library as well as the playlist.
d. should i have to post the scr-sh't for the ans?

FYKI, the minimized taskbar is smaller than WM9/10.

nikhilrao

Journeyman
no illegal links allowed. This is a warning, next time you get a ban. - mehul

Last edited by a moderator:

Saharika

In the zone
tech_mastermind said:
Pirated window doesn't run wmp and thread reported.
Read the forum rules !

are you sure that the OS you are using is not pirated or may be brwoser through which you typed your answer may be also pirated if u r in india...
even if u r not in india ,in indian circumstance i think 90 % use pirated except some big universities and gover ment offices..
so it would be better not to promote cracking and hacking in this forum...
well if we say no support for pirated its just blocking the sun by hands and saying there is no sun...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Thread closed since it deals with illegal stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom