Winamp turn-off the volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhush_18

Broken In
When I play a song on Winamp 5.x version after few seconds it turn-off the volume for the system & all I have to do is restart to get the volume back.
If I play the same song on windows media player it works fine.
Why does this happens?
I had loaded Sound drivers from driver CD accompanied motherboard.
:?:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Does it turn off the volume when a song gets over or just anytime? Have you tried a re-installation from a different source?

krazydude

Journeyman
Make sure your arrow keys on the keyboard are not stuck and are working fine, if they get stuck then the volume mite go down

OP
B

bhush_18

Broken In
Volume turns-off between the song after this no sound is available on any application, to get the volume back I have to restart the computer.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Uninstall it and re-install it from another source. BTW, does it hang up or just messes up the sound?

BlAsTeR

Broken In
Try to get the latest winamp 5.05 from winamp.com

Please uninstall old winamp.
Remove winamp directory under program files.
And then only install new version.

Also check if any updates for your sound driver are available from manufacture's site.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i am assuming win98 , try these .

- uninstall the integrated sound drivers , reboot and reinstall
- check if u have ur speakers options set for stereo speakers , quad or 5.1 speakers in both volume control of windows and the sound card software , i'm guessing soundmax . choose the option for the speakers u have
- check winamp preferences for input/output options
- if ur prob continues , plz specify ur m/b and sound card specs and speakers

OP
B

bhush_18

Broken In
I try all the options of reinstalling the driver I still face the same problem. On further investigation I found out that after increasing the volume to certain level abt 90% the sound goes off & need a restart.

The motherboard is of MSI KM3M & the sound driver is VIA AC'97.

I guess ur mom does not like high volumes.
Have u installed any plugins for winamp does it happen with a particular skin or so.
From when did this start?

ice

In the zone
Omg, i thought id never ever see a post like this, winamp giving people problems.

1. Reinstall Winamp [ dirty install]
2. Play a song, minimise winamp.
3. Check if the sound reduces.

If yes,
1. Uninstall winamp
2. Delete the winamp directory (c:\program files\winamp or x:\winamp)
3. Reeboot ur bitch.
4. Reinstall winamp 5.05. [ here is the download link.
Full - *download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp505_full.exe

Lite - *download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp505_lite.exe ]
I'd suggest downloadin the full version.
5. Install this winamp to a different folder, say winamp1. or winamp5.05 or anythin u want
6. Try it again. :)

Besta luck

whistler

Journeyman
disable crossfading

i think he may have enabled his crossfading plugin in winamp.
do one thing, just check in winamp prefs->output->crossfading..
or moe easily, just delete the winamp.ini from ur winamp dir and restart the app..
it should work fine..
Best Of Luck

OP
B

bhush_18

Broken In
I tried uninstalling the sound driver & re-installing. I get a message that asks me to enable the sound card from bios. When I check the Bios its already enabled.
What does that mean:?:
Initially I thought this to be Winamp problem since I use it the most but later I discovery this is happening with other software as well.

saROMan

QA Juggler
yap i too had the same prob....the prob may b in ur Sound card drivers..or u r using addon like SQR soft Crossfade.....etc
my suggestion uninstall winamp..remove all traces of it fm prog files..reinstall......

OP
B

bhush_18

Broken In
I have On board sound card of Via AC'97 also it says that it will support 6.1 ch sound but I can see only 3 pins (Line-in, Lin-out & mic) how can I connect front speakers & rear speakers I guess it will require 6 pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom