.: Win98 SE shutdown problem... HELLLP!!! :.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadipa

Padawan
akash_bhavsar said:
mr_356 - Hey, any solution you've got??? Or u use it as it is? Will it work if i re-install Win98 and don't install the Intel drivers?

Since you also have fx5200 display card, you can try not installing display card and sound card drivers for onboard things, installing chipset drivers, and check if the problem persists.

Then try installing sound drivers and check.

Then install fx5200 drivers and check.

Coz if I remember right, in my case it was D865GBF onboard display drivers giving me problem.

javeedambu

Right off the assembly line
A patch for the Windows 98 shut down problem is available at microsoft's official webite.

Use the following lik:

*www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/WURecommended/S_WUFeatured/Win98SE/

Similar patches are available in various site online.

mr_356

Broken In
akash_bhavsar said:
I have an Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz powered PC with 80 GB HDD, DVD writer, 512 megs of RAM and 128MB GeForce FX 5200 Graphics card. I have 4 hard drive partitions with XP as the main OS in drive C. I have installed Win98 SE on drive F. The problem that i'm facing is that i just cannot shutdown Win98. It hangs with the skyblue coloured screen that says "Please wait while Windows shuts down"! I have downloaded each and every patch that's available from Microsoft, including the shutdown supplement for Win98 SE. I have tried each and every possible solution available on the net, but it still refuses to shutdown! Any takers for this???

Which motherboard u have?
Which drivers u installed with intel's driver cd?

Shikhar

Journeyman
Guys I faced this problem 2 years back. Some problem occured on my PC because of which I had to reinstall the Win98SE OS. That problem disappeared after that.

But now it has started again so now I only use Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom