Win2k svchost problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Hello friends
I m using win 2000 witha a BSNL broadband connection. Whenever i connects to internet a command window(windowed) popups suddenly.the titlebar shows it is "svchost". I fear that svchost is a system application a nd it may be required for the conection. I just minimize the window and continue browsing.then after sometime the window closes automatically.This happens frequently (approximately ata an interval of 15 inutees) .Why is that happening.is it due to any malicious programs.

rajas700

Youngling
"Svchost.exe" (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services) is an integral part of Windows OS. It cannot be stopped or restarted manually. It manages 32-bit DLLs and other services. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services portion of the registry to construct a list of services that it needs to load. In normal conditions multiple instances of Svchost.exe run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services, so that separate services can be run depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This allows for better control and debugging. More info More info

The svchost.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder. In other cases, svchost.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.

Vist:

Virus with same name:
Symantec Security Response - W32.Welchia.Worm(*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html)
Symantec Security Response - W32.Assarm@mm([url]*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.assarm@mm.html[/url])
McAfee - W32/Jeefo(*us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100277)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom