win xp prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagnik_bose

Right off the assembly line
1)i have a very strange prob i run win xp wid sp3 i recently formateed and reinstaleed coz it was givin prob after reinstallation i installed all d drivers and software but during d installation of my sigmatel audio drivers dere was some prob and it terminated auto.now wenever i try installin d sigmatel audio driver it starts and after sometime it shows another instance of setup is already running and so it doesn't complete d installation.as a result dere is no audio in my system pls help!!!!!!!!!!!:???::???::???::???::???:
2)wenever i try 2 install any software winxp wid sp3 shows d error dat setup can't continue coz it ""can't access d temporary directory or error writin 2 d temporary dir.""

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
2)wenever i try 2 install any software winxp wid sp3 shows d error dat setup can't continue coz it ""can't access d temporary directory or error writin 2 d temporary dir.""

May be setup didnt go well..

As its a new Installation recommended would be you continue and do a complete re-installation :)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I agree with Choto Cheeta.

In addition to that "me too" statement: When doing a complete reinstallation, it's a good idea to make a backup of the OS partition, such as with Norton Ghost, after each major change. This way, if something goes wrong at some stage, you can restore the previous installation within a few minutes. E.g., on a reasonably modern PC, a basic Win XP installation (without other software) can be restored in a couple of minutes.

As an example, this is what I do:

Install Windows + SP -- test and backup
Install mobo and display drivers -- test and backup
Install drivers for add-ons (TV tuner, printer, etc.) -- test and backup
Install small progs (Winzip, pdf reader, AV, Winamp, etc.) -- test and backup
Install larger progs (MS Office, Photoshop, etc.) -- test and backup

It's a rather long and tedious process and requires patience. But it can also save a lot of time if something goes wrong at some stage. And it really saves time when you want to do a complete reinstallation later.

It just so happens that I reinstalled my computer this evening from a ghost I made 7 months ago. It took just 4:25 minutes to reinstall everything, including all the apps, utilities and settings. All that was additionally needed was a few updates.

I do a fresh step-by-step installation only when there are too many updates and changes needed, and that usually takes place only at intervals of a year or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom