Win 98 se doesnot detect my new Frontech Optical Mouse Model JIL 3708

digik

Journeyman
Dear All,

I have an old P4 system on which Win 98SE and Win XP Prof is installed. I used Logitech PS2 optical mouse which worked both in Win 98SE and Win XP Prof. Recently, the mouse got bad and I purchased a new Frontech PS2 Optical mouse model JIL 3708.

Though the mouse lights up on system switch on Win 98SE is telling that "Windows didnot detect any mouse". The mouse is working with Win XP on the same computer and even though Win 98SE throws up the warning the mouse LED keeps glowing.

Can any body help me? A lot of googling turned futile.

- digik:confused:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
This is kinda weird. Is the new mouse PS2 or USB. Try switching to different hub. Also kinda offtopic but why Dual boot between an age old granny Win98 and WinXP. WinXP pretty much alone is enough.

d3p

PowerHouse
Dear All,

I have an old P4 system on which Win 98SE and Win XP Prof is installed. I used Logitech PS2 optical mouse which worked both in Win 98SE and Win XP Prof. Recently, the mouse got bad and I purchased a new Frontech PS2 Optical mouse model JIL 3708.

Though the mouse lights up on system switch on Win 98SE is telling that "Windows didnot detect any mouse". The mouse is working with Win XP on the same computer and even though Win 98SE throws up the warning the mouse LED keeps glowing.

Can any body help me? A lot of googling turned futile.

- digik:confused:

As far as i Know, please update the Driver of the Mouse. I doubt Win98 se ever came with drivers/support out of the box for such peripherals.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
Tech_Wiz : The new mouse id PS2.

As far as i Know, please update the Driver of the Mouse. I doubt Win98 se ever came with drivers/support out of the box for such peripherals.

It is mentioned in the box that the mouse is compatible with win98 through win7.

It is mentioned in the box that the mouse is compatible with win98 through win7.

It didnot come with driver CD.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ps/2 devices don't require a specific driver as they all work with standard/generic microsoft ps/2 driver.in windows 98 device manager:
How to Start Device Manager in Windows 98 and Windows Me
then remove any ps/2 mouse device.connect your mouse & restart with windows 98 & it should update ps/2 driver to your new mouse.

Top Bottom