Win 98 Instalation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

In the zone
HELLO GUYS:)

1. I HAVE A NEW HARD DISK NEED TO INSTALL WIN 98 ....CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE PROCEDURE HOW TO INSTALL:confused:

2.WHAT IS RECOVERY CONSOLE:confused: HOWZ IT HELPFUL AND WHEN:confused:

3.HOW TO SHARE INTERNET CONNECTION IN TWO SYSTEMS IN WIN 98 & WIN XP????:oops:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I dont think you can install win98 in that system. now a days most motherboards donot support win98/ME

OP
smile

smile

In the zone
But before one of my cousion had installed....but again formated and install win xp....:rolleyes: i want to have a dual boot win 98 & win xp....so can u tell me the procedure how to install win 98:)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Check this site for complete info:

*support.microsoft.com/kb/221829

It is the original Microsoft support site.:D

enticer86

Stay Silent!
well it IS possible, but be aware that some softs, including the in-built IE will NOT work properly due to certificate issues

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Charan said:
I dont think you can install win98 in that system. now a days most motherboards donot support win98/ME
All intel motherboards until 915 support Windows 98, so yes his 845 definitely supports it and was perhaps designed for it as well. :)

OP
smile

smile

In the zone
HM............:cool: BUT ATLEAST FOR MY KNOWLEDGE I WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO INSTALL WIN 98 IN A NEW HARDDISK;)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
May be offtopic .. just can someone tell me .. whats the line to add in Boot.ini to add Win98 option, I deleted that by mistake

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Charan said:

he can install 98 on that config. :)

win98 cannot run on sata hdd but can be installed on sata. :lol:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
for gods sake please dont type in ALL CAPS... very difficult to read and doing like that on the internet is considered as arrogant shouting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom