Status
Not open for further replies.

raviramgopal

Broken In
I recently had given my pendrive to one of my friends.The problem is that i got back my pendrive with some Malware.VBS which is becoming quite pesky and irritating.The following are few of the Problems i am facing
1)I am not able to run Regedit,MSconifig etc.A window appears for a split second and then dissapears.
2)My browser(tried both firefox and chrome) closes automatically on going to few sites(for example,when i tried downloading the regedit VBscript,my browser closed)
3)I am not able to "safely remove" my flash drive,my OS gives me a message saying "the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer,contact your adminstrator"

I used flash disinfector to clean the pendrive but despite this there are some folders such as .System,system,Restore that get created on the pendrive despite trying to delete them.Im not able to Format the drive either(says it is in use by some other program).Avast keeps detecting a trojan(Win 32 trojan-gen) in windows/system32/avphost.dll

How do i solve this issue.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Gauravs90

geek........
:duh: your computer got :boink:
your only choice is to format now or why don't you try boot time scan with avast.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
McAfee Antivirus
Download and install the trial version, buy it if you like it. It costs only Rs. 800 for a year last time I checked in Mangalore

TheHumanBot

Padawan
try scanning your pc with rescue cd
bootable antivirus cd

or you can download a format utility from the vendor site
and it will do trick for you :)

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
I have reinstalled my OS.But im getting some error while using chrome as mozilla saying "No disk in drive H".Its a bit annoying.

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
Problem solved.I changed the name of the drive.:smile:
However im not able to format one of the drives.I get an error saying "Windows was unable to complete the format"

rohanmathew

Reader of Trust 2009
Try formatting from DOS.May that work.

--------------------------
Suggestions are based on reference.Please try at your risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom