WiMax ready for rollout in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank4u

Youngling
MUMBAI: After much talk, tests and trials, WiMax seems to be finally ready for commercial use in India. WiMax, high-speed internet access over a wireless connection, is a low-cost way to provide internet connectivity in places where laying cables is difficult

Chennai-based Aircel is planning to take its WiMax network national while the Tata-owned VSNL will roll out retail WiMax offerings later this year. Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) is also ready to start WiMax services, having undertaken pilots at 14 locations.

VSNL as well as BSNL have partnered with Aperto Networks, developer of the world's most advanced WiMax base stations and subscriber units, to deploy multi-service broadband wireless systems.

The trials demonstrated applications in moving conditions such as video streaming, high-speed file downloads, voice over IP and web browsing.

source:*economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/...Max_ready_for_rollout/articleshow/1670512.cms

qazranchi

Broken In
BSNL to provide WiMax The six initial cities getting the WiMAX equipment are Kolkata (in West Bengal), Bangalore (in Karnataka), Chennai (in Tamil Nadu), Ahmedabad (in Gujarat), Hyderabad (in Andhra Pradesh), and Pune (in Maharastra). The deployment, which will also cover four rural districts in the State of Haryana.
For Detailed news read *www.apertonet.com/news/archives121506.html
*www.govtech.net/digitalcommunities/story.php?id=102894

borg

In the zone
waat bout our silicon valley - banglore???

Bangalore is IT city & Silicon valley, only for the name's sake. Availability sucks here. Just try searching for a force feedback joystick or a good graphics card in Bangalore & you know what I mean.

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
that's true man
i have came to know that sec17 of chandigarh is also going wi-max by this year. There are many colleges which are already wi-fi enabled like T.I.E.T patiala, Baddal Engg. college and many many more....
Happy Ending of Wires!!!!!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
lets pray,everything goes in plan.If it success in chennai,than we may have this in delhi n other places soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom