Will this SMPS be enough?

The_Man

Broken In
Hi guys I plan to buy a new system.I regularly use software like ,3DS Max,Premiere etc.
Here is the config.
i5 2500K
Intel H67 CL
4 GB Corsair XMS 3
1 TB Seagate HDD
DVD Writer

I'm on a limited budget.Hence the H67 board and no discrete gfx card.I have a Priya LTD 500 W SMPS with me which I bought just a month ago.I think it should work fine with this as long as I don't put in a graphics card.But I'm not sure.A 500 W SMPS from Cooler Master or Corsair costs more than 2K. Whats the reason?
I have decided to go for the Intel board because all other 1155 boards have 8 pin connectors which my SMPS doesn't have.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Corsair VX450@3.5k if you are planning to add a decent GPU later

don't stick to the Priya one
10 chars!!

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
Priya ltd's PSU can provide 500 Watts of power whereas the Corsair can only provide only 450 Watts.
Well then why is the other one much more costly?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ That priya will provide in no way 500w in full load. Corsair vx 450 can go beyond 500 in full load as its underrated.

Your psu can barely provide 250 watts i suppose. And its nowhere near as efficient as corsair.

In a nutshell, priya doesn't compare with corsair.

abirthedevil

In the zone
why go for i5 2500k when u intend to buy an h67 board?go for i5 2400 if you dont intend to overclock or get a p67 motherboard if you intend to overclock and cx430 should be enough for you current config but i wont be so sure if you decide to overclock and add a power GPU later

Siddharthtech

Geekism RC1
The Priya LTD PSU is a strict NO!!! I agree wid all others about 450W PSU like Corsair VX450. These small comnpanies have the habit of giving fake detailes. The 500W PSU should be nowhere above 250W. It's gonna hang the system. Leave it!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi guys I plan to buy a new system.I regularly use software like ,3DS Max,Premiere etc.
Here is the config.
i5 2500K <----- use a "non-K" processor. H67 doesn't allows OC.
Intel H67 CL <----- go for other manufacturer's board if possible.
4 GB Corsair XMS 3
1 TB Seagate HDD
DVD Writer

I'm on a limited budget.Hence the H67 board and no discrete gfx card.

why not buy a AMD Athlon II X3/4 based rig? will allow you get a graphics card also.

I have a Priya LTD 500 W SMPS with me which I bought just a month ago.I think it should work fine with this as long as I don't put in a graphics card.

it "may". never take uncertain decision in case of PC. you'll loose both PC &its warranty if something goes wrong & your PC parts get burnt.

But I'm not sure.A 500 W SMPS from Cooler Master or Corsair costs more than 2K. Whats the reason?

Cooler Master was good but most of the new PSU are not upto the standard. don't waste your money on it.

Corsair is good one & so is Seasonic. in case no graphics card for now & no plan for one in future, look for FSP.

also the PSU you have won't provide anything over 300W. try & it'll burn itself down. also it'll eat lots of power to deliver that 250W. so change it, save your PC parts as well some electricity bill.

I have decided to go for the Intel board because all other 1155 boards have 8 pin connectors which my SMPS doesn't have.

no. 4pin ESP cables can be plugged into a 8pin socket. no problem or instability. my board have a 8pin socket but i use a 4pin connector. stable.

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
abirthedevil said:
why go for i5 2500k when u intend to buy an h67 board?
I need that HD 3000 Graphics :mrgreen:.It's very important.And there's no need to overclock it right now.It's strong enough to handle any multithreaded software.

Sam.Shab said:
why not buy a AMD Athlon II X3/4 based rig?
But I need a strong processor that is future-proof.You can add a graphics card later but you cant change CPUs and Motherboards everyday.That's why I decided to stick with i5.Ya I will be adding a good graphics card.Maybe a GTX 460 or something like that.You know how important it is for my work:mrgreen:.But I cant afford all at once.:sad:

4pin ESP cables can be plugged into a 8pin socket. no problem or instability. my board have a 8pin socket but i use a 4pin connector. stable.
That's great news.Have you got any idea about the Gigabyte SB boards launched in India.It's ASUS everywhere but I trust Gigabyte.

Take a look at this one :
eBay India: iBall Sprinter Genuine 450 Watts Power Supply SMPS 450W (item 310292610967 end time 10-Feb-2011 04:17:00 IST)

is it good enough?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
But I need a strong processor that is future-proof.You can add a graphics card later but you cant change CPUs and Motherboards everyday.That's why I decided to stick with i5.Ya I will be adding a good graphics card.Maybe a GTX 460 or something like that.You know how important it is for my work:mrgreen:.But I cant afford all at once.:sad:

ok than you should get what you planned.

That's great news.Have you got any idea about the Gigabyte SB boards launched in India.It's ASUS everywhere but I trust Gigabyte.

yes a few Gigabyte is avl but sellers may hesitate or say its out of stock cause of the Sata port problem that recently surfaced. & will surely try sell you some 1st gen Core i5s.

my advice, get Gigabyte H67 & use it. & if they give any exchange offer (dump old board, pick new one, free) than change it by April-May.

Take a look at this one :
eBay India: iBall Sprinter Genuine 450 Watts Power Supply SMPS 450W (item 310292610967 end time 10-Feb-2011 04:17:00 IST)

is it good enough?

no. iBall, VIP, Zebronics, etc sounds cool but are crap from inside. you want a healthy system, seriously consider Corsair or Seasonic only. no need to get a top end PSU, get the CX400W or else try the FSP Saga II 500W. its not the best of PSU but sufficient for cards upto HD6850 that are not too much power hungry.

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
Thank you!
What about this one :eBay India: SAGA II 500W COMPUTER PC POWER SIUPPLY UNIT PSU NEW BIL (item 160536424644 end time 22-Feb-2011 15:20:43 IST)
?
I'm on a thin budget.So anything under 2500 is preferred.Please answer me as quick as possible.

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
Will it be enough or should I go for that VX450?I realise that you are also using a SAGA with a quad.How is it going?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ vx450 will be a safer bet for a 6850. Wait for revised sandybridge motherboards. Should take a month or two to arrive. The cuurent ones have a defective sata 3 controller.

Wait for newer boards and then buy sandybridge.

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
ya...GTX 460 is gonna use 160 Watts from my PSU.So I think that SAGA II wont be enough.This VX 450 reportedly can provide up to 570W of power without any problem.Maybe I should go for it.But it's very pricey.Remember that I didn't even have a Rs.1000 PSU anywhere in my spec sheet.I had that much faith in Priya but you people are saying that she is a cheat.:))

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
ya...GTX 460 is gonna use 160 Watts from my PSU.So I think that SAGA II wont be enough.This VX 450 reportedly can provide up to 570W of power without any problem.Maybe I should go for it.But it's very pricey.Remember that I didn't even have a Rs.1000 PSU anywhere in my spec sheet.I had that much faith in Priya but you people are saying that she is a cheat.:))

how does a company have a gender man?:p

anyway you are willing to spend nearly 17k on the proccy mobo combo
and you are shying away from a 3.8k safety boost?
not fair
get the vx450 get it over with buddy

Top Bottom