Will this game run on this configuration?

New_Gamer

Broken In
Hi,

I'm a new gamer and would appreciate if you can give me some pointers on what other games I could play on my current system. I have already played some games without any problems what so ever. And they are: Return To Castle Wolfenstein, MOHAA, Max Payne. I play only Action/FPS Games. Thanks in advance:)

Processor: Pentium 4, 1.8GHz
RAM: 512MB
Hard Drive: 80GB
Graphics Card: 4x AGP 3D nVIDIA TNT2 M64, 32MB videoRAM
DirectX: 8.1

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
My system config is : -
Intel 82845, P4 1.6ghz processor, 256MB RAM, with DX9.0c and SiS 300/305 32MB graphics card..
Is counter Strike 1.6 supposed to work on it??
Thanx..

Stalker

Padawan
@REY619
ofcourse.... ;)

@New_Gamer

DX 8.1??? install 9.0c

I had that card few years back.........
try
UT2003(gfx might be bad though) , Quake 3, Unreal tournament, Freedom Fighters, Hitman: Silent assasin, MOHAA : Spearhead & breakthrough, PRoject IGI.....not sure whether IGI 2 will work, Half-life, Half-life 2(YES! It works...........at very low fps though),Delta Force:Black Hawk Down, etc etc...........

jigu

Broken In
HELLO NEW GAMER,

YOU NEED TO INSTALL DIRECTX9c.

YOU NEED TO BUY NEW GRAFIC CARD IF U WANT SOME NEW GAME.

BUT NOW U CAN PLAY NFSU2, SPIDERMAN 1, TOMB RAIDER CHRONICLE,1,2
& LATEST TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY. NEWLY RELEASED PIRATES OF THE CARRA. AT WORLD'S END.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Stalker said:
@REY619
ofcourse....
Thanx! I tried to run CS 1.6 and its working...
But there is one problem, The menu options are not visible... They are either incomplete or completely blank and i am unable to understand which option should be used for what... See the screenshots you might be able to understand....

*img154.imageshack.us/img154/3739/cs1kg0.th.jpg

*img247.imageshack.us/img247/3151/cs2ff3.th.jpg

*img247.imageshack.us/img247/3006/cs3gp9.th.jpg

Everything is blank or incomplete.. What could be the problem and how can i solve this please.
Thanx...

Last edited:

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
rohan4pal said:
Hi!! rey619 may be this game need a little higher system config............better upgrade it.....

I found the solution, in the games video options, i changed the display mode from OpenGL to software and everything is visible and game is running superfast... :D

New_Gamer

Broken In
Hi again,

Thanks to you Stalker and Jigu for taking your time to post some of the selected games for my system. I have bought Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, but unfortunately it couldn't work on my system. I did play it on my laptop, though. Anyways, you both recommended to get DirectX 9.0. Is there any way I can buy it in a retail store and install it. The reason I'm asking is because I have a modem 56K and downloading it would take forever. And as for buying a better graphics card, I wouldn't know where to begin opening my system. Thanks again.

DDIF

Custom User Title
How much will a 128MB AGP GFX Card cost?
It should support pixel shader and open GL drivers and must be DX9.0c compatible.
Coz my current config
"AMD Sempron 2800+ (~1.60 GHz)
768 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM
VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP Onboard GFX (64 MB)"

do not allow me to play any good game!

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
ManiDhillon said:
How much will a 128MB AGP GFX Card cost?
It should support pixel shader and open GL drivers and must be DX9.0c compatible.
Coz my current config
"AMD Sempron 2800+ (~1.60 GHz)
768 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM
VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP Onboard GFX (64 MB)"

do not allow me to play any good game!

ATI provide good AGP cards...and if u r NVIDIA fan than u can go for any model....depends on ur budget...:)

DDIF

Custom User Title
rohan4pal said:
ATI provide good AGP cards...and if u r NVIDIA fan than u can go for any model....depends on ur budget...:)
I don't know much about GFX Cards. I like games but i'm not a hardcore gamer. So could you please suggest me a card as follow:

128 MB Video Memory
DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Should Support OpenGL Drivers
Should Support Pixel Shader 1.1 or More
DirectDraw, D3d

Tell me how much will it cost for both ATI and nVidia?
From where i can order it?
Remember i have an old MOBO MSI/VIA K8MM-V 7142

chicha

High without substance...
most importantly you should check if your mobo supporsts AGP 8x or 4x.
if it is very old it could be 4x if it is relatively new then it wil support 8x.
the next is you should make sure that you do not bottle neck the pc. make sure you have enough RAM and enough juice on your processor, only then you can look at a graphics card.

i think nVidia card is good. the low end ones are better than the low end ATI cards.
that is what i have heard and seen in few cases.

this is my specs
AMD athlon 64 3600+
2*512 DDR2 @ 533
AGP 8x Geforce 6200 256 mb.

i tried to play moha series and to my utter dissapointment it did not play.
when i open the game it hangs and i have to restart the pc.

what do i do?
this happens to only me. i never was able to play any of the moha series, the old pc i had too did not play that game.plz help

Last edited:

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
chicha said:
most importantly you should check if your mobo supporsts AGP 8x or 4x.
if it is very old it could be 4x if it is relatively new then it wil support 8x.
the next is you should make sure that you do not bottle neck the pc. make sure you have enough RAM and enough juice on your processor, only then you can look at a graphics card.

i think nVidia card is good. the low end ones are better than the low end ATI cards.
that is what i have heard and seen in few cases.

this is my specs
AMD athlon 64 3600+
2*512 DDR2 @ 533
AGP 8x Geforce 6200 256 mb.

i tried to play moha series and to my utter dissapointment it did not play.
when i open the game it hangs and i have to restart the pc.

what do i do?
this happens to only me. i never was able to play any of the moha series, the old pc i had too did not play that game.plz help
yaa i agree with u Chicha but 1 query i dont think ur mobo support AGP 8x it should be PCI-e slot check tht and let me know coz i'm also usin' 6200TC PCi-E...........and till now i have no compliant except this card is getting old so i'm changing it 2 8600GT 256MB

ManiDhillon said:
I don't know much about GFX Cards. I like games but i'm not a hardcore gamer. So could you please suggest me a card as follow:

128 MB Video Memory
DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Should Support OpenGL Drivers
Should Support Pixel Shader 1.1 or More
DirectDraw, D3d

Tell me how much will it cost for both ATI and nVidia?
From where i can order it?
Remember i have an old MOBO MSI/VIA K8MM-V 7142

tell us about ur explansion slot whether its AP 8x or PCI-e 16x

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
MSI K8MM-V (MS-7142-010) Socket 754 ATX Motherboard, Dual DDR400, AGP8X, SATA RAID, VGA & LAN, 6ch Audio

MSI K8MM-V based on VIA K8M800-CE chipset supports Socket 754 AMD 64 / AMD Sempron CPU. VGA, LAN, maximum 2GB dual channel memory. MSI K8MM-V definitely a value gamer motherboard. MSI Part No: MS-7142-010.

Features: 9.44 in.(L) x 7.68 in.(W); Micro- ATX, 2 DIMMs w/ DDR 400 upto 2 GB, 1 AGP 8X; 3 PCI; 8 USB, 6 Ch. Audio; 10/100 LAN; RAID; SATA; ATA133, S3 Graphics UniChrome 2D/3D Graphics with motion compensation assign upto 64MB of video Memory, Live Update; Fuzzy Logic; PC Alert.

Specifications: CPU: Supports 64-bit AMD Athlon 64 processor (Socket 754), Supports 2800+, 3000+, 3200+, 3400+, 3700+, Supports Sempron 2600+, 2800+, 3000+, 3100+, 3300+. Chipset: VIA K8M800-CE Chipset: HyperTransport connection to AMD Next Generation of CPU, 8 or 16 bit control/ address. data transfer both directions, 800/600/400/200MHz "Double Data Rate" operation both direction, AGP v3.0 compliant with 8X transfer mode, On-board Graphic shared up to 64MB. VIA VT8237R Chipset: Ultra DMA 66/100/133 master mode EIDE controller, Integrated dual channel native Serial ATA/RAID controller that will supply 150MB/s and support RAID 0, RAID 1, ACPI & PC2001 compliant enhanced power management, Supports 8 USB2.0 ports. (Rear x4/ Front x4). Main Memory: Supports two 184-pin DDR SDRAMs up to 2GB memory size, Supports

DDIF

Custom User Title
rohan4pal said:
yaa i agree with u Chicha but 1 query i dont think ur mobo support AGP 8x it should be PCI-e slot check tht and let me know coz i'm also usin' 6200TC PCi-E...........and till now i have no compliant except this card is getting old so i'm changing it 2 8600GT 256MB

tell us about ur expansion slot whether its AP 8x or PCI-e 16x
It has 1 AGP 8x slot and 3 PCI slots.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
suggest sum different kinda games for this config:

Vista Ultimate
2 gb ram ddr2 600megahz
160 hdd
Intel Xeon 3.0 ghz
512 mb ati readon

hahahari

In the zone
*gaminggang.com/forums/

this place has a feature with which U can chech if ur PC can handle a game.Its called

TEST UR RIG.!!1

Top Bottom