Will this game run on this configuration?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mini Ninjas
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Io Interactive

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 3.2 GHz/AMD Athlon64 3200+
Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 5 GB Free
Video Memory: 128 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 6600/ATI Radeon X1300)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO/AMD Athlon64 X2
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 5 GB Free
Video Memory: 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 6600/ATI Radeon X1300)
DirectX: 9.0c or 10
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

can GTA 4 be played on this config-:
ATI radeon 3450 256MB
Pentium D 3.0 GHz
Gigabyte G31 chipset
1.5Gb of 667MHz RAM
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
can GTA 4 be played on this config-:
ATI radeon 3450 256MB
Pentium D 3.0 GHz
Gigabyte G31 chipset
1.5Gb of 667MHz RAM

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ hey nomand.. it runs at average of 28fps @ medium settings when i mix 9400gt with my c2q 8200.

So, It will run.. but i think it will not be a bed of roses. But I am not sure about it. Search youtube videos of similar gfx card pulling gta iv. I think you will get a better idea.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also think that game will lag a big time on vahibhav's rig. As his cpu and gpu both is a highly inadequate to run that game.

@vamsi - don't compare a Pentium D to a C2d. C2D cpu's are better as much as 80%.

Here I'm posting the official sys requirements anyway :p

Grand Theft Auto 4
Publisher: Rockstar
Developer: Rockstar

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 1.8 GHz/AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.4 GHz
Memory: 1.5 GB
Hard Drive: 16 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (nVidia GeForce 7900/ATI Radeon X1900)
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 QUAD @ 2.4 GHz/AMD Phenom X3 @ 2.1 GHz
Memory: 2 GB (2.5 GB for Vista)
Hard Drive: 18 GB Free
Video Memory: 512 MB (nVidia GeForce 8600/ATI 3870)
DirectX: 9.0c or 10
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Krow

Crowman
^vamsi had run the game on C2Q and not C2D. Vamsi, the game is dependent on CPU much more than GPU. So a quad core is helping you, not the 9400GT. Besides, I think I dint measure the FPS, else I'd have let you know. It lagged sometimes, but 70% of the time, it was smooth.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^vamsi had run the game on C2Q and not C2D. Vamsi, the game is dependent on CPU much more than GPU. So a quad core is helping you, not the 9400GT. Besides, I think I dint measure the FPS, else I'd have let you know. It lagged sometimes, but 70% of the time, it was smooth.

Yup, I know buddy that vamsi had run GTA4 on quad core ie on his q8200 :p

but he said that it will run on vaibhav_jain's Pentium D series dual core and HD3450 which I think run as slide show and will ruin the game play fun but on c2d at 3Ghz it will run a lot better as compared with Pentium D series dual core.

So I just told him not to compare a pentium D series just by looking at it's 3ghz speed :p

emperor_ankit

Broken In
is there any point in this thread when you can head over to *systemrequirementslab.com and it will directly check your machine and tell you at what setting you can run or can not run a particular game :p

Krow

Crowman
is there any point in this thread when you can head over to *systemrequirementslab.com and it will directly check your machine and tell you at what setting you can run or can not run a particular game :p
Is there any point of having this forum when we can find almost 90% of the answers with www.google.com :p

Forums give a personalised response with the experience of members on the game speaking. Every game comes with min requirements written on the box, why even bother to go to that site in the first place? :neutral:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ we are here to solve that 10% of doubts.

@emperor_ankit, yes.. it will provide some valuable information. But if you want to know how a game will run on your system.. you have to rely on either benchmark or by asking the persons who have the similar hardware and have played that game on the system. SRL only tells whether your system is capable of running the game or not. But it won't tell you, how it will run. That is why this thread is here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Krow and vamsi_krishna - I second both of your comments :p

Yup, sometime that 10% can be very vital to run a game flawlessly :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Is there any point of having this forum when we can find almost 90% of the answers with www.google.com :p

Forums give a personalised response with the experience of members on the game speaking. Every game comes with min requirements written on the box, why even bother to go to that site in the first place? :neutral:

Each and every question here can be solved, if we google it hard.

leave it

I am playing GTA 4 in my rig at a decent settings and getting smooth gameplay...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Come again..? I hear this statement regularly that... we don't need forums when google is there. How awkward this statement is!! Most of answers for our questions can be found only in any other tech forums! Indirectly Forums are the reason why google is strong in tech prob solving.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yup, Google only crawls through the pages. It always depends greatly on contents. If there was no forum there would be a very little discussion and thus a very little amount of user related experiences available

emperor_ankit

Broken In

actually SRL defines 3 zones: A below min.; B between min. and max.; C above max.
it dynamically checks ur system and tells u where ur system falls :)
different from min requirements printed on boxes :D

in any case guys if ur a downloader look for non-reg file based games [full rips] on torrents :) they're great coz they're there even if u re0install ur OS :) no reinsallation needed :) i wish even applications were registry independent :)
Posted again:
totally agree with vamsi and topgear :)
Posted again:
hey do u know if i can run ps2 games on pc with nice frame rate?
if so then which ones should i bother downloading?
8800gt, athlon 64x2 2.8ghz, 2gb 667mhz ram, pcsx2 emulator

Last edited:

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
My specification:-
Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 DUO E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
2 GB DDR RAM 2
Intel G31 Chipset
No Graphic Card

Will all these games run on my pc?
1. Call Of Duty 5
2. GTA IV
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Need For Shift : Shift
5. Devil May Cry 4

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Krazzy Warrior

1.Nope
2.Never
3.No Chance
4.Nope
5.Big No

Try getting a new graphics card like 9600GT/HD4670, or else just forgot these games....

Top Bottom