Will these components be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceVamp

Broken In
Hi everyone,
I am lookin forward to putting together a gaming rig for myself.After quite some research i came up with the following components.I just wanna know if they are gonna be compatible with each other(I have also provided the techshop.in link for each of the components).Any help will be greatly appreciated!(Please comment on the experience you might have had with the components, thats if you have used any among them)

Mother Board : Asrock M3A785GXH 128M (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_21_31&products_id=4359)

Processor : AMD Phenom II X3 425 (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_22_33&products_id=4146)

RAM : Patriot Signature 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_16_34&products_id=3967)

Graphics Card : MSI ATI Radeon HD5770 (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_4&products_id=4598)

Power supply :Zebronics ZEB 500W (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_194&products_id=1512)

One last thing...does the 5770 require 1 or 2 PCI express poewr supply connectors?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi everyone,
I am lookin forward to putting together a gaming rig for myself.After quite some research i came up with the following components.I just wanna know if they are gonna be compatible with each other(I have also provided the techshop.in link for each of the components).Any help will be greatly appreciated!(Please comment on the experience you might have had with the components, thats if you have used any among them)

Mother Board : Asrock M3A785GXH 128M (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_21_31&products_id=4359)

Processor : AMD Phenom II X3 425 (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_22_33&products_id=4146)

RAM : Patriot Signature 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_16_34&products_id=3967)

Graphics Card : MSI ATI Radeon HD5770 (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_4&products_id=4598)

Power supply :Zebronics ZEB 500W (*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_194&products_id=1512)

One last thing...does the 5770 require 1 or 2 PCI express poewr supply connectors?

do u really need CrossFire? if not, go for Biostar TA785G3 HD. u'll save lot. for proccy, choice good. may try X4 620 also as its price now @ 4.5k

ram & graphics card both are good. however for PSU, get Corsair VX450W. or Seasonic 430W. Zebronics good but its local. don't trust when it comes to gaming.

ok for graphics card may go for MSI HD5770 HAWX (not checked your link so can't comment which model u chosen). also techshop's price high. get from Prime ABGB/Lynx/Media Home.

OP
I

iceVamp

Broken In
thank you for all the help...i checked with the other sites you mentioned...techshop prices are really high...so i switched to www.theitwares.com. i also changed the graphics card to radeon 5770 HAWK edition(Rs. 10,100)..and i changed nearly all of the configuration...

Motherboard: ASUS M4A77TD Pro
(*www.theitwares.com/asus-m4a77td-motherboard-p-500.html)...........Rs. 5.3k with crossfire and ddr3 spprt

Power supply:Cooler master extreme power plus 500W
(*www.theitwares.com/cooler-master-extreme-power-plus-500w-power-supply-p-335.html)

Processor: AMD x4 630 2.8Ghz Rs 5.1k

Any further thoughts?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thank you for all the help...i checked with the other sites you mentioned...techshop prices are really high...so i switched to www.theitwares.com. i also changed the graphics card to radeon 5770 HAWK edition(Rs. 10,100)..and i changed nearly all of the configuration...

Motherboard: ASUS M4A77TD Pro
(*www.theitwares.com/asus-m4a77td-motherboard-p-500.html)...........Rs. 5.3k with crossfire and ddr3 spprt

Power supply:Cooler master extreme power plus 500W
(*www.theitwares.com/cooler-master-extreme-power-plus-500w-power-supply-p-335.html)

Processor: AMD x4 630 2.8Ghz Rs 5.1k

Any further thoughts?

well i'll still say, go for lower priced mobo. that mobo got corssfire but i not sure ts X8 + X8. maybe its X16 + X4 (which is unbalanced & slow).

also for powersupply, don't go for Extreme Power. even if its rated at 800W. Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k, suites your rig best.

for proccy, its upto u. X4 630 or X2 555 BE.

Piyush

Lanaya
Hi everyone,

first of all it is AMD athlon II x3 425 not Processor : AMD Phenom II X3 425

regarding ur query

switch to biostar 785 based mobo(the one which is around 4.3k)
2 get a better power supply..at least a good branded 450W(corsair vx 450 is my recommendation)
for it to be future proof get corsair vx 550W for around 4.6k
3 i have no idea about the patriot brand since its not widely available here
so check XMS/GSkill/corsair
4 if ur budget allows then go for AMD phenomII x4 955BE for around 7.5k

OP
I

iceVamp

Broken In
yeah..sorry...forgot the 3...why`s everyone so much in favor of the corsair 450W against the cooler master...is it ok if i get the cooler master and upgrade in a few months? cuz i`m real short of cash!!!

Piyush

Lanaya
yeah..sorry...forgot the 3...why`s everyone so much in favor of the corsair 450W against the cooler master...is it ok if i get the cooler master and upgrade in a few months? cuz i`m real short of cash!!!
u can go for cooler master too
but not the "EXTREME" series bcoz it sucks extremely!!
if u r almost out of cash then u can go for gigabyte 460 W under 2.6k

OP
I

iceVamp

Broken In
all right man...thanks for all the info...will make sure i stick to it..will a micro ATX mobo have any disadvantage com pared to a ATX mobo?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
u can go for cooler master too
but not the "EXTREME" series bcoz it sucks extremely!!
if u r almost out of cash then u can go for gigabyte 460 W under 2.6k

FSP Saga II 400W equal to Gigabyte 460W & is cheaper actually. but for OP's config, i'll suggest VX450W. lower grade PSU may't be able handle it well under load. get minimum Corsair CX400W or Seasonic 380W if u not want change PSU after few months.

Piyush

Lanaya
FSP Saga II 400W equal to Gigabyte 460W & is cheaper actually. but for OP's config, i'll suggest VX450W. lower grade PSU may't be able handle it well under load. get minimum Corsair CX400W or Seasonic 380W if u not want change PSU after few months.
yeah right
i suggested him too
he said his hand is tight on budget now
perhaps he'll go for a better option in future:)

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

all right man...thanks for all the info...will make sure i stick to it..will a micro ATX mobo have any disadvantage com pared to a ATX mobo?
not really
but i have heard that the temperatures readings are more in mATX than ATX
so indirectly mATX will perform a little slow than the counterpart
but its not that much difference

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yeah right
i suggested him too
he said his hand is tight on budget now
perhaps he'll go for a better option in future:)

better he get a good PSU & use the IGP till than. and when he got enough cash on hand, go out for a GPU. cause buying a good GPU & a bad PSU may put a fullstop to the life of GPU (if not the whole pc) in a moment.

not really
but i have heard that the temperatures readings are more in mATX than ATX
so indirectly mATX will perform a little slow than the counterpart
but its not that much difference

nothing like that. all boards same. a ATX will have loads of connectors & peripherals that u may never use. like 2 Pcie X 16 slot. 3 PCI slots. Pci X 1 slot.

also depends on the manufacturer. Asus have the Xtreme Design series (Asus M4A785TD-V EVO). excellent premium boards with good price tag. Gigabyte got Ultra Durable 3. etc. so OC on them is easy, as they conduct heat very well & keep the chips & all cool.

whereas Biostar, ECS, etc make simple boards. low price. nothing special. so they also lack all these features.

@ piyush, about slow thing. what slow? IGP?

Piyush

Lanaya
^^cant really tell which part will perform slow
its just that temperature factor plays a vital role

its not that i've experienced that
i've just read a review a year back on "micro atx VS atx "

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^cant really tell which part will perform slow
its just that temperature factor plays a vital role

its not that i've experienced that
i've just read a review a year back on "micro atx VS atx "

temperature do play a vital role. but ATX = less hot. mATX = very hot. it maybe true. cause ATX board have more space about the various chips & sockets for air to cool it down. take mATX. it hardly go any space once a graphics card added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom