Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
hey guys my pc config. is :
p3 1GHZ,
intel 815e mobo,
256mb sd ram,
nvidia geforce2 mx 400 64mb(latest drivers),

what i wanted to know is that will i be able to play games like, farcry,ground control2,unreal tournament2004 without any upgradation?
Dont answere this by seeing the requirements given for the game ,someone who has played these games with such config. would help me better.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
no?none of those three games?
well then pls suggest me such games that i would be able to play,something like the three i mensioned.I already completed NFS-U2 with the same config.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ut 2004 Yes it will Work On ur Card(Have Played At The Same Config,May be even less) But i doubt it for Far Cry and Ground Control 2 :cry:
Sigh That ur Card Wont Give U much frame Rates Over These games as For the Other Newer Games as well.....U need A Definite upgrade Mate :D

swatkat

Technomancer
harish_21_10 said:
tnx everyone for their replys, well can someone now suggest me some real good games for my pc.
1]Serious Sam
2]Serous Sam 2
3]GTA Vice City
4]GTA 3
5]Deus EX
6]War Craft 3
7]Never Winter nights
and many more...depending on ur taste for the genre.

theraven

Technomancer
UT series
quake 3
nfs series till 5 porsche unleashed ( should work .. otherwise till 4 high stakes)
half life
counterstrike

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Add Hitman 2,No One Lives Forever 2 and Even Hl 2 (With Some amount of dropped frame rates but these games will work) 8)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
UT series
quake 3
nfs series till 5 porsche unleashed ( should work .. otherwise till 4 high stakes)
half life
counterstrike

nfs series till porsche????
man he has already completed NFS-U2 on his rig!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

theraven

Technomancer
i mustve missed that sorry
besides i meant play with all the bells and whistles !
nfsu2 wouldve crawled on his system
ive had porsche unleashed and GTA3 crawl on my p4 2 ghz with 512 mb ram and gf3 ti 200 card
ofcourse there were other reasons for a very bad framerate as well
but my point is i had to apply a few tweaks to make it run smooth as smooth should !
the other games i mentioned have a software mode as well so its comfortable playing them !
get it now ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
theraven said:
ive had porsche unleashed and GTA3 crawl on my p4 2 ghz with 512 mb ram and gf3 ti 200 card

Man Whats Up With This Gta 3.....It Also Crawled On My Friends Config as well Which Was Nowhere Even near to ur Config Level but Had a 64 Mb Gfx Card.....But Still Can't understand How The Mx400 Dies Out On this Game When The Gta Vice City Which Was The Latest Game Ran Smoothly On The 64 MB Requirement :cry:
Yea Speakin Of Gta Add Gta Vice City To The list As well :wink:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
harish_21_10 said:
hey guys my pc config. is :
p3 1GHZ,
intel 815e mobo,
256mb sd ram,
nvidia geforce2 mx 400 64mb(latest drivers),

what i wanted to know is that will i be able to play games like, farcry,ground control2,unreal tournament2004 without any upgradation?
Dont answere this by seeing the requirements given for the game ,someone who has played these games with such config. would help me better.

I don't know about the games you've listed but your config can play DoomIII and NFSUG2...

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Dude....you have geforce 2....you can play all those games at 640 X 480 with the help of 3d-analyze and a bit of experimentation :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@NikhilVerma Man Doom 3 Will Just Crawl On His System More Than Those Aliens In The Game Itself :wink:
@Gamefreak.....I Could Play These Games (Except Doom 3 Perefectly) On The Geforce 2 At 800x600 As Well A little More Decently With Anti-Analising And AntiStropic Filtering Completely Off :wink:

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
NikhilVerma said:
I don't know about the games you've listed but your config can play DoomIII and NFSUG2...
Nikhil ,doom3 need minimum of 1.2 or 1.5ghz of processor and 384mb of ram and i have got only p3 1ghz,256mb ram.
If i can play doom 3 according to u then i can even play half-life2,farcry,UT2004 also?
But according to some people out here i cant!!!!?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Harish Not Sure If Doom 3 Will Even RUn On ur System Cause Its Min Specs Says Its Needs 1.2Gigz or More Cpu And 384MB Ram But Runs With Some jerks On My friends AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ With just 256MB Ram And 32 MB Of Integrated Onboard Nforce Chipset......But Have Surely tried Out Half Life 2 And Ut 2004 On Ur Card And It Will Definetly Work For Sure......Dun Know About Far Cry Though.....So Doom 3 Cant Say About That......Man Why Couldnt ID Provide The Essential Hardware To the Buyers Of Doom 3 When They Knew That Most Of The Rigs Aint UpTo The Mark To experience The Game At The Max......Dammm :wink:

gamefreak14

Journeyman
harish_21_10, any game will run on your system right now, since you have an AGP card....whereas ppl with integrated ones don't stand a chance (except intel extreme). Now, most games state min. req. for optimum play. This factor differs from the US and us. There...optimum is already 1024 X 768, AA and AF enabled. Whereas here..most ppl are on 800 X 600, No AA & AF. So research on google, try 3Danalyze like I said, and all of the games you mentioned will work out. My friend played Max Payne 1 on a 500Mhz with 64 MB RAM...surprised?

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
well guys i think u r not considering the processor speed required .Bcoz half-life2 requires atleast 1.2ghz,so i cant play that game too.??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not Necessarily GameFreak_14.....It Depends On The Cards Compatiblity With The Game as Well Cause Sometimes Even A Geforce Mx4000 With 128MB VRam Fails to Run Game Like Prince Of Persia Sands Of time....As The Mx400 Is Not a Dx9.0 Compliant Card I Doubt That All Games That Require This Direct x 9.0 Compliation Will Even Start On His Comp....So Its Not That Every Game Runs On An Mx Series That Is Why They Quite Frankly Suck With The Performance Of Todays Games :cry:
Btw The Minimal Would Be A ATI Radeon 9600pro Entry Level For ATi
And Fx5700 Series(Although They Too Suck till Some Extent) For Some Amount OF Smooth Gameplay Mate.....Peace :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom