will my pc play them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
allwyndlima, I already know that , which is why I bought the cheapest dx9 card there was in the market. However, there are very few games which are dx9 only. POP and thief 3 are the few ones out there. The rest all work fine on dx8 cards, without HW T&L. For what he mentioned -farcry,ground control2,unreal tournament2004 ..I think his sys will be able to make it thru.

About HL2....there is a chance at running it with hitches at 640 X 480...Don't expect it to run smooth.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
harish_21_10 said:
well guys i think u r not considering the processor speed required .Bcoz half-life2 requires atleast 1.2ghz,so i cant play that game too.??
Ok Now Have U tried It Out Mate....if not Then The Best Thing Would Be to Try Out Then Act Upon The Judgement Of Min Processor Speed.....As I Played This Game In a Cafe Which Runs On a Cel 1.1Ghz Cpu,256MB Ram,And 64MB Geforce 2 Mx400 Card (With 25Fps At Some Points Then Dropping Out Eventually During Game Loading scenes and Animated Clipings of The Game).....So Dont Just Go on The Min Cpu Req Always Sometimes It Bypasses This Issue...8)
@GameFreak_14....Relax Mate....I was Just Re-assuring Ur Point That All Games Will Run On His MX Series......So U See Was Just Clarfying A bit :wink:

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
gamefreak14 said:
About HL2....there is a chance at running it with hitches at 640 X 480...Don't expect it to run smooth.
I dont think so because my processor speed(1ghz) is not good enough for it.So which game is worth buying for my pc(check out my pc config) rite now?

gamefreak14

Journeyman
OK, now here's the catch--
allwyndlima said:
harish_21_10 said:
well guys i think u r not considering the processor speed required .Bcoz half-life2 requires atleast 1.2ghz,so i cant play that game too.??
Ok Now Have U tried It Out Mate....if not Then The Best Thing Would Be to Try Out Then Act Upon The Judgement Of Min Processor Speed.....As I Played This Game In a Cafe Which Runs On a Cel1.1Ghz Cpu,256MB Ram,And 64MB Geforce 2 Mx400 Card (With 25Fps At Some Points Then Dropping Out Eventually During Game Loading scenes and Animated Clipings of The Game).....So Dont Just Go on The Min Cpu Req Always Sometimes It Bypasses This Issue... 8)
A celeron doesn't run programs properly these days...Games are out of question.
harish_21_10 said:
I dont think so because my processor speed(1ghz) is not good enough for it.So which game is worth buying for my pc(check out my pc config) rite now?
Don't go for new ones right now..Go for some golden oldies like Tron 2.0, Freedom Fighters.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
I just love this forum man.I can get all the information i need ,and good to see everyone helping out out everyone.Go on man interesting to read all the replys out here. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok Without Any Further Arguement Lets get Down Straight To The Points.....Lol
1.)The Games U Will Definetly Enjoy Are Gta Vice City,Unreal Tournament Series And Quke 3 Rest Are The Medal Of Honor Series And The Others Can just keep On Comin 8)
2.)Well Thats The Speciality Of This Forum Mate.....Its Like Samsung c100 "Fully Loaded" :wink:
3.)Last Time @Gamefreak Yes A Celeron Sucks but It Does Runs Games Though at low Speeds But It Does trust Me (Am Not At All Talking About The Likes Of Games Like Doom 3 Ok :lol:)

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
gamefreak14 said:
Don't go for new ones right now..Go for some golden oldies like Tron 2.0, Freedom Fighters.
But i cant wait to lay my hands on the fresh games available rite now,and on the other side my processor doesnt permit me it. :cry:
Hope to upgrade my pc.Dont know when but just want to.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
I tried GTA Vice city,but was too slow where as i played Gta3 without my graphic card :) .Should i try vice city again with latest drivers installed for my card :?:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well If U Have The Latest Nvidia Drivers i.e. Then 66.94 Drivers For Geforce Series It Does Give a Good Updates for the games performance.....Plus try Searchin In Google For Some Enhancement Or Game Improvement Patches.....those Just Might Do the Trick For U.....:lol:

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
so should i buy half-life2 or ut2004 or ground control2 and give them a try on my machine?i hope i wont be wasting money on these games after buying them to check if my luck and my pc support them.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Harish, dude, I can't keep repeating over and over. Incase you are wondering - 3DANALYZE WILL RUN YOUR GAME, ESP GTA VC FASTER.

about ground control 2...no idea m8...head over to www.gamerankings.com and read a coupla reader reviews.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok Well No Idea Here Too About Ground Control (Whats With The Game Anyways :roll:).....Anyways Half Life 2 And Ut 2004 Will Definetly Be Worth a Try But Cant Tell Ya If It Will Run Without a Hitch (Atleast for Half Life 2 But Ut 2004 Will Do Perfectly)......Whats U Type Of Game Genre Mate???

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
I play everything ,mostly action,shooting,and wont mind nfs-u3(if releases :wink: )the games i mention in here are the ones i am looking for u may add a few of these type.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Then Hitman 2 is Also A Worth Try Game.....A very Involving Game as i Must Suggest.....And if Its Fps Then Serious Sam,Max Payne,Soldier Of Fortune,No One Lives Forever 2,Enter The Matrix (A good try As Well but Will need A Chunk Of Ur Hard Disk Space),Halo And Even More Games 8)

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Well Then Hitman 2 is Also A Worth Try Game.....A very Involving Game as i Must Suggest.....And if Its Fps Then Serious Sam,Max Payne,Soldier Of Fortune,No One Lives Forever 2,Enter The Matrix (A good try As Well but Will need A Chunk Of Ur Hard Disk Space),Halo And Even More Games 8)
Finished all these games except seriou sam(what type is it)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Its Another Fps Game Which is Quite Funny at Times.....This Chracter Sam Has To Fight a Huge Amount Of Alien A$$e$....Gettin Late pal Cant explain More C Ya

Akash Verenkar

Right off the assembly line
Played those without a graphics card on celeron!!!!!!!!

Hi Dude!!!!!
GC2 works on my pc which is celeron(1.7),56 mb RAM,BUT NO GRAPHX card!!!!!!!!!!
So u may better try on ur own.....

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
Re: Played those without a graphics card on celeron!!!!!!!!

Akash Verenkar said:
GC2 works on my pc which is celeron(1.7),56 mb RAM,BUT NO GRAPHX card!!!!!!!!!!
Hey akash how is the game?worth buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom