Will I get GPU+Onboard gpu performance in m4a88t m le?

Nikko Bellic

Right off the assembly line
Am going to buy AM3 ASUS M4A88TM LE motherboard, and sapphire HD 5670 512MB.

[PLEASE DON'T SUGGEST ME MOTHERBOARDS OR GPU'S NOW, AM ALREADY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW AND ENDED UP WITH THESE.]

My question is Will I get performance of two gpu's? one on MOtherboard that is HD 4250 AND other one is sapphire HD 5670 512 mb?
Reason I asking this, is
when am googling through about this MB, ended up in newegg, and in that site under description it says this motherboard has "AMD HYBRID CROSSFIREX SUPPORT" which means combined performance of gpu+onboard gpu.Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard PLEASE LOOK AT THE NEWEGG SITE

Will my sapphire HD 5670 512 mb is a supported Hybrid crossfire card?

Can I able to utilize both units?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No you wont get performance of 2 gpu's. You will either get onboard graphics power if you use it or you will get the 5670 power.

OP
N

Nikko Bellic

No you wont get performance of 2 gpu's. You will either get onboard graphics power if you use it or you will get the 5670 power.

But in motherboards description it say's
" AMD HYBRID CROSSFIREX SUPPORT
Based on ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, ATI Hybrid Graphics allows you to combine the performance of the integrated HD4250 GPU with an applicable ATI Radeon graphics card to bring enhanced gaming performance, productivity and power efficiency" - Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Check whether your mobo supports Hybrid XFire of 5600 series of cards. If not, the you can't use Hybrid X technology.

BTW No need for HybridX crap, as 5670 itself perform decent enough.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hybrid crossfire only works with very low end cards. So if you plug a HD 4350 or 5450 or 6450 then only Hybrid Crossfire will be enabled and the IGP will work along with the dedicated card.
But anything over it, the IGP will be disabled.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your mobo can hybrid crossfire with 5400 & 5500 series of cards ONLY. Better stick with the 5670 and disabled the IGP.

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
Yaa u will get the performance of two gpus. I m saying so coz I m myself using the hybrid crossfire motherboard... I m using Asus's M4A78... not the 88 one... but it too have the hybrid crossfire

But then also... may be Cilus is right... it may work with low end cards. Why dont u mail asus... they do reply.

OP
N

Nikko Bellic

Yaa u will get the performance of two gpus. I m saying so coz I m myself using the hybrid crossfire motherboard... I m using Asus's M4A78... not the 88 one... but it too have the hybrid crossfire

But then also... may be Cilus is right... it may work with low end cards. Why dont u mail asus... they do reply.

Yeas, I will

Thanks for all replies

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Which GPU are you using for hybrid crossfire?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hybrid crossfire only works with very low end cards. So if you plug a HD 4350 or 5450 or 6450 then only Hybrid Crossfire will be enabled and the IGP will work along with the dedicated card.
But anything over it, the IGP will be disabled.
this is correct. :)

Hybrid Crossfire is only for low-end cards. and HD 5670 isn't a low end card.

Rajesh345

Youngling
sry 4 H.jacking . IF Hybrid sli is setup ,is it possible to disable PCI E GPU completely under power saving power profile and use Onboad gpu only ?

ie on power saving profile - sysem use onboad gfx and under power profile system use PCI E GPU or both ?:p

Cilus

laborare est orare
You don't need to mail Asus for checking compatibility, I know it for sure. Look even normal Crossfire only occurs between two cards of same group, i.e. their performance, memory bandwidth and processing capability should be in the same league. Even normal CF is not possible between cards having very high performance difference.
Now the IGP is very very low end card..it has only 40 stream processors. So it will only work with very low end dedicated GPUs, otherwise it will be disabled. Check the Wikipedia link.

Top Bottom