will any data loss occur if CD is kept under WATER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
5 years ago I heard a rumour that if the cd gets a lotta oil on it surface and the cdrom is unable to read it, then just wash it with shampoo!
I washed it with shampoo, and wonders.....the cd worked again! :shock:
So afaik "data loss wont occur if CD is kept under WATER"!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Vishal Gupta said:
CD might get cold. ;)

jokes apart, no data loss will occur... In fact I wash old CDs sometimes to make them working. :D Even I hv used tooth-pastes a few times to fill the scratches...

woak... :shock: :shock: :shock:

get a patent :lol:

who used this method 1st :lol:

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Vishal Gupta said:
jokes apart, no data loss will occur... In fact I wash old CDs sometimes to make them working. :D Even I hv used tooth-pastes a few times to fill the scratches...
you may have done this on lower plastic part from which lens picks up and read
have you tried this on the top coated part of the cd (which is the reflective coating) if you put a CD in front of a light source and and you can see the light passing through the pores made by scratches or corrosion you cannot repair or use that cd normally (off course there are technics to repair those that but are beyond home users and only work for 40% of the cases)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
although CD is made ot of plastic bout outer(aka data) layer is not exactly plastic , so technically it can get affected if kept under water for prolonged periods ?

Vishal Gupta said:
CD might get cold. ;)

:D , same here i normally use toothpaste or any soft(pH~7) soap to wash CD's . u can also wash your cd's with Milk as it decreases surface tension of Surface to extremely low levels thus u can wash out dust n other minute particles if ur cd's is badly scratched .

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Milk, toothpaste, Shampoo, oil :shock: :shock:

Soon we will see leading celebrating a new product......meri gol gol chamkti hoyi CD's ka raaz.......CD Nikhar....aaaj hi laaaiyeeee :grin: :lol:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Milk, toothpaste, Shampoo, oil :shock: :shock:

Soon we will see leading celebrating a new product......meri gol gol chamkti hoyi CD's ka raaz.......CD Nikhar....aaaj hi laaaiyeeee :grin: :lol:

Then why not add Harpic and Aquaregia (Nitric+Hydrochloric acids) to the list.
Any of them will instantly destroy any dirt, dust or bacteria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom