Will an amd E450 handle all this ?

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
You'll find nothing like Asus U32U. It'd have been a steal if came with at least PDC. Still i'm a happy owner of it. :)
And hdd not at all weighs 300gm, it weighs much less than that. Battery weighs around 300gm though.

I am completely confused now !! :|

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i never used IDE's like eclipse,netbean etc but from what i understand even if the processor is slow it will only mean increased compiling time.so if the kind of programs you compile took ~1-2min longer on E450 compared to pentium dual core then i think it can be managed.of course only way to check this is by compiling code on E450.maybe @dashing.sujay can help with this by compiling/running some test code.of course if this is not true then i guess it all comes down to whether you can manage extra 800g(2.1kg-1.3kg).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am completely confused now !! :|

Why !?!

i never used IDE's like eclipse,netbean etc but from what i understand even if the processor is slow it will only mean increased compiling time.so if the kind of programs you compile took ~1-2min longer on E450 compared to pentium dual core then i think it can be managed.of course only way to check this is by compiling code on E450.maybe @dashing.sujay can help with this by compiling/running some test code.of course if this is not true then i guess it all comes down to whether you can manage extra 800g(2.1kg-1.3kg).

I don't have the laptop with me now but from what I have used, if a person uses it with a bit extra patience, then he can do with it. The major setback is slow booting time, so I never did shut down, just sleep. Also, power users may feel the less power in multi tasking. Like when I start 4-5 apps i.e. a browser with 10+ tabs, word processing soft, wmp in background, etc etc, then you will automatically feel the delay in switching time. But as said, its manageable if you're patient.

PS: The difference is just 500gm (U32U is 1.72kg).

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
I am going with the Asus U32U. I have a primary machine, hence the power intensive stuff i can do on that.
I will use it for the lighter stuff, so it should do fine.

I don't have the laptop with me now but from what I have used, if a person uses it with a bit extra patience, then he can do with it. The major setback is slow booting time, so I never did shut down, just sleep.

Boot time is around 50 - 60 sec for windows [reviews]. If i get the ssd, how much will the time come down to ? (any estimate)

How long did the battery last ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why don't Asus out the same laptop with a A4 dual core. much better than E350/450. Even E2-1800 will be a big boost. They are asking quite a premium cause had it been powered by intel proccy, will immediately qualify for a ultrabook (or sleekbook).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Boot time is around 50 - 60 sec for windows [reviews]. If i get the ssd, how much will the time come down to ? (any estimate)

How long did the battery last ?

50-60 sec is too much, it didn't took that much time AFAIK. It was some where around 40 sec or so to be max. 50-60 sec would be when you install some heavy softwares as you mentioned. Also, chipping in a SSD won't help much due to slow CPU and slower SATA controller. Brazos 2.0 is said to have a faster controller, so it may help. I compared my system (E450+4GB) with a (PDC+2GB), and mine was much much faster except same booting time.

Battery life was 7hrs+.

Why don't Asus out the same laptop with a A4 dual core. much better than E350/450. Even E2-1800 will be a big boost. They are asking quite a premium cause had it been powered by intel proccy, will immediately qualify for a ultrabook (or sleekbook).

Exectly :(. A PDC should have been ideal choice.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
made my whole project on a dual core atom using eclipse, so i'm sure e-450 with 6 gb can handle programming

Top Bottom