Will an amd E450 handle all this ?

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
Will this configuration, Amd E450 + 6 GB RAM, be able to handle light (IDLE), medium (Codeblocks, Eclipse, Netbeans, Notepad++) and heavy (Matlab, Qt) IDEs ?

I mostly use IDLE and Codeblocks and the others somewhat less frequently(a few times a week) and Matlab, Qt rather infrequently (a few times a month, or less).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
E450 is just a little faster than intel dual core atom.if you can run these programs on a netbook with dual core atom then they will run ok on E450 too.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^why ask this?it is a logical conclusion that if a slower processor(lesser cpu score in passmark benchmark)can run a program then that program will run fine with a cpu of higher score.that is why i asked if you can run these program fine on a dual core atom netbook.

minimum system requirement for python is 200MHz processor while matlab states any x86 processor with SSE2 instruction set so that means any processor including & above PIV.eclipse states decent dual core but also states it depends on various factors like architecture,plugin types etc & above all high I/O rates(ssd) & ram.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Apart from Qt, all other should run. Now sure about qt.
I'm saying this from my experience with atom processor.

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
minimum system requirement for python is 200MHz processor while matlab states any x86 processor with SSE2 instruction set so that means any processor including & above PIV.eclipse states decent dual core but also states it depends on various factors like architecture,plugin types etc & above all high I/O rates(ssd) & ram.

Hence my question. I havent used any AMD's previously.

How much of a lag is there while using these applications, if any ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD E-450 = processor for netbooks. Better than Intel Atom though.

Netbooks aren't enough for your programming needs. Eclipse, Netbeans and MATLAB are heavy.

Intel Core i3-****M and AMD A8-4500M processors are the minimum imho.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^+1, as I own an E450, I will also recommend you to get at least a Pentium dual core or better an i3 or i5 for optimum performance.

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
I specifically need a portable and light system. My current one weighs 3-4kg and its not possible to carry it around the whole day.
My budget is ~30k and the only light (~1.5kg) and comparatively big (13.3") system i found was the Asus u32u, which is why i was asking about this. [Also, 2 usb 3.0 ports]

Wont 6 GB ram smoothen things out a little ?

I dont want to go for an 11" inch one as the keyboards are cramped/small. If you have any recommendations, then i am all ears (or eyes ;) ) ..

I will be using it for 4 years atleast, and will get an SSD next year.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I specifically need a portable and light system. My current one weighs 3-4kg and its not possible to carry it around the whole day.
My budget is ~30k and the only light (~1.5kg) and comparatively big (13.3") system i found was the Asus u32u, which is why i was asking about this.

Wont 6 GB ram smoothen things out a little ?

I dont want to go for an 11" inch one as the keyboards are cramped. If you have any recommendations, then i am all ears (or eyes ;) ) ..
Check this one out locally - HP Envy 4-1023TU Sleekbook 3rd Gen Ci3/4GB/500GB/Win 7HB: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

RAM never makes up for the processing power. If it did, we'd have been using 32 GB RAM with our Pentium 4s and Athlon 64s.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for ~21000 you can get pentium dual core based notebooks.one of my cousin's friends bought a HP business notebook(630 series i think)for 30000 with core i5 a few months back.

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
for ~21000 you can get pentium dual core based notebooks.one of my cousin's friends bought a HP business notebook(630 series i think)for 30000 with core i5 a few months back.

Could you get me a specific (fast if possible, because i have to buy tomorrow, and the Asus U32U seems to be the best possible match at the moment) ?
I cant find anything like that. The closest i found is a Probook 4320s and thats around 33k.

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
just 2.2Kg: Dell Vostro 1450
at 2.3kg: Samsung NP305E5A-A03 but less powerful than i3.

The Asus weighs 1.7 kg and it ll come down to 1.4 when i get a ssd ..

I would really prefer something under 2 kg. My bag without a laptop is about 5-6 kg and i walk almost 6-8 km every day [pedometer]. Hence, i am really sensitive about the weight factor ..

OP
A

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
weighs 2.1 kg
Samsung NP300E4Z-A06IN 2nd PDC /2GB /320GB /DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Nice find. Seems to be pretty good at that price point. That 2.2kg stands out though :/

Why are 13 inch netbooks/laptops so expensive and rare ??

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You'll find nothing like Asus U32U. It'd have been a steal if came with at least PDC. Still i'm a happy owner of it. :)
And hdd not at all weighs 300gm, it weighs much less than that. Battery weighs around 300gm though.

Top Bottom