will a career in animations and designing right for me?

daredevil anand

Right off the assembly line
i have just completed my B.Sc. in zoology (hons.) from IGNOU but i am inclined toward making a career in animations and designing. i possess a good creative skill and a sound knowledge of computer. i am already familiar with various softwares for photo editing and designing. but i have a doubt, will it be right if i choose such a career (in terms of job placement) as i am a science graduate rather than a graduate in computer or animation. also how much remuneration can i expect in such a field?

which institute is best in the field of animations and designing: arena, aptech, maac or niit?

clmlbx

Technomancer
first u decide what type of animation u want to learn.. Arena and maac are good.. but only remember that choose courses wisely.. From my experience(Arena) don't choose that courses ..but do only what u want to do ..that will save money and time..

abhidev

Human Spambot
I think if u are really lookin fwd to hv a good career into animation and designing and game dev then i think u should go for MS in Animation and Game technology from a good University as it will help u to get placements in top notch companies too.
Even i wanted to hv a career in animation and game design but my financial conditions didn't allow me to go for MS.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Don't go just for the sake of it. It is a demanding field. If you are deeply interested and passionate about it then only go for it. Otherwise you will be in trouble.

Last edited:

editz

Right off the assembly line
Inside Jobs details a bunch of jobs in the animation and design field, so you can flip through descriptions of 3d modelers vs concept artists vs animators etc. to get a better idea of specific positions in the field, and see if thats a direction you really want to head.

Hope that helps!

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
What ever I will be saying is a personal experience and personal Opinion. No Intentions to offend anyone but just want to help the person seeking advice.

I have been an arena student and have done the AAA course which includes Maya and Max 3d Animation. In my opinion these people will only show u how to use the tool and not the basic of animation which is reaction and emotion in 3D. Maac is better than Arena but it still is a commercial institute which will show u the way the tool is used.

Personal best if Toonz. It is a wonderful institute which educates the importance of Acting in Animation and learning from environment. getting to the institute is tough but what you get is the ultimate satisfaction. They Have options of 2D and 3D animations which includes the acting classes importance of understanding the emotions and reactions.

Problem. the institute is in Chennai and Kolkata... I am not sure of other places.

Top Bottom