Wii 2 specs (rumour)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
A french site 01net, which leaked the NGP sepcs way before any official announcement, now revealed Wii 2 Specs. Project named 'Project Café', They say Wii 2 will be announced in E3 this year.. and will be slated to release in end of 2012.

Specifications:
- Processor: Custom IBM PowerPC three hearts.
- Graphics processor: AMD (ATI) - probably a series R700, with a shader (for managing the effects) more recent than the Xbox 360 (probably version 4.1).
- RAM: unknown. It would be logical that it is a unified RAM, like the 360, with a minimum of 512 MB

Now, It is not the end of the fun. They also revealed that, the controller will have a Six inch HD touch screen. Capable of playing its own games.

Controller Specifications:
- Screen Size: 6 inches.
- Ergonomics: Digital Cross, L, R, two triggers, others.
- Touch screen: single touch.
- Sensor for the Wiimote (replaces bar-sensor of the Wii).
- Camera: a front.

Source

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Nintendo's innovation really amaze me. They were the first ones to bring motion sensing gaming into this generation and see the level of hype it created. All its competitors followed suit and came up with their designs.

Now this will take interactivity to the next level. And finally the wii can boast hd graphics which it always deserved.

Well done NINTENDO.:thumbs:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now, It is not the end of the fun. They also revealed that, the controller will have a Six inch HD touch screen. Capable of playing its own games.

a 6" HD screen on a controller. add 2" on both side for keys & you got yourself a pretty big (& heavy) gaming machine. lets wait & watch.

Piyush

Lanaya
well we can only expect new innovations from nintendo
6" HD screen on a controller!!...no one would have thought about this
btw my gameboy color still works :D

gameranand

Living to Play
I expect Nitendo to improvise on this and make a kinda powerful ( not that powerful but powerful) for the gamers after watching HD in XBOX and PS3 its kinda hard to go to Nitendo's old age graphics. Well yes its completely different but still looks are looks you know so they should improvise IMO.

Got a news tip from Eurogamer

Next Nintendo console to use Blu-ray?

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
^^
nintendo kinds of targets family,kids and casual gamers so they probably won't make it very much powerful. they might rquip it enough to have HD. probably equivalent to 360.

gameranand

Living to Play
Even though they target families its time to go for hard core gamers because they are the one who makes money for a company by buying many titles in a year and families and Casual gamers don't buy that much games you know. I really think that they should also focus on other clan of gamers than just concentrating on a single clan. Like XBOX they have Kinect for casuals and for others also although its idea is based on Nitendo but still...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Lot of rumors are flying abuzz in the internet. One of them is wii2 graphics is 30% more powerful than ps3 and 80% more powerful than xbox360. The gpu is rumored to be based on amd R700 architecture.

Source

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Ph boy if its true then Wii 2 is going to be a big hit for sure but still its kinda hard to digest that a console which was way weaker than their competitors are coming with a bang and I guess its a good thing for everyone. The casual gamers will have better visuals and hardcore gamers can finally move to Wii.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
No. You guys are looking at the specs with current generation perspective. You should not. Look at it with Next Generation perspective and it will look much weaker. Then again, hardware was never the power of Wii. And we cannot expect Wii 2 to be the same. Nintendo finally had a break through after carnage of n64, GC by Playsation, Playsatation 2. They finally caught a break with Wii. We have to wait and see what happens next.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I think both ps3 and 360 won't have their successors recently. Both sony and microsoft have decided to increase the shelf life of their consoles and will continue to push them at best for 2 more years. So wii2 will battle ps3 and 360. But next gen ps4 and xbox will indeed be superior.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Btw, how many of you guys actually own a Wii or any Nintendo console? I have a softmodded Wii (Purely for the homebrew...honest :shock:) , and a Nintendo DS (flashcart equipped...again for homebrew ;) ) and finally the granddaddy known as the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Hope the Wii 2's hardware lets it get some hardcore games, most of the Wii's games were shovelware.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Btw, how many of you guys actually own a Wii or any Nintendo console? I have a softmodded Wii (Purely for the homebrew...honest :shock:) , and a Nintendo DS (flashcart equipped...again for homebrew ;) ) and finally the granddaddy known as the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Hope the Wii 2's hardware lets it get some hardcore games, most of the Wii's games were shovelware.

I have a NES release model. Thats the only Nintendo console I own.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
IGN's article.. states that it has information form trusted sources that the console is likely to release in mid-November or early 2012. And will be priced $350-$400.

Project Cafe: The Tech Behind Nintendo's Next Console - Gear News at IGN

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Wii 2 will be announced this year at E3 ( Electronic Entertainment Expo) in 7th - 9th june.

Nintendo themselves announced this info officially in japan. But it will hit shelves next year i.e 2012. All the rumours about project cafe came to be true afterall.

Source

Last edited:
Top Bottom