Wii 2 specs (rumour)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good job by Nintendo. Wii sales had finally started to dwindle after owning PS3 and Xbox 360 all these years. Powerful hardware and better games was needed. ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah thats right. Wii config was too weak to compete against its rivals but the problem is that PS4 and new XBOX will be released in 2 or 3 years then I hope that Wii will make a new console to compete them.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I hope the Wii 2 will be as easy to mod as the original ;)

But seriously, modding the Wii was totally worth it. I was able to run PS1 games on it ^_^ and NES games as well.

gameranand

Living to Play
Tachyon1986 said:
But seriously, modding the Wii was totally worth it. I was able to run PS1 games on it ^_^ and NES games as well.
Is that Legal???
Ontopic
Wii 2 to have 8GB flash memory, no HDD?
Unconfirmed reports have upcoming HD console sporting proprietary 25GB disc format--but no large-capacity internal hard drive.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Is that Legal???
Ontopic
Wii 2 to have 8GB flash memory, no HDD?
Unconfirmed reports have upcoming HD console sporting proprietary 25GB disc format--but no large-capacity internal hard drive.

Nope, it's not legal but the Wii is a good console as far as legacy gaming is concerned. The modding did do a ton of good things. For one , you could play games directly off an external USB Hard Drive , good for keeping your original DVDs shiny and scratch-free in addition to very low loading times.

On Topic,

Just 8GB of Flash memory? I hope that's not true :| . With the 360 and PS3 sporting huge drives, this would be a step backwards.

I'm more concerned on whether Nintendo will actually do an official launch of the Wii 2 in India. The original never got one here AFAIK , and the ones available in stores are all made for the United Arab Emirates . If you look at Nintendo's website, there are no service centers for India :( . You gotta send it to Japan.

gameranand

Living to Play
Tachyon1986 said:
Just 8GB of Flash memory? I hope that's not true . With the 360 and PS3 sporting huge drives, this would be a step backwards.

I'm more concerned on whether Nintendo will actually do an official launch of the Wii 2 in India. The original never got one here AFAIK , and the ones available in stores are all made for the United Arab Emirates . If you look at Nintendo's website, there are no service centers for India . You gotta send it to Japan.
Yeah I know. I also hope that its not true. And yes Nitendo should really start supporting India. They are losing a good amount of sales because India has a lot of potential buyers who don't buy because of lack of support.

Top Bottom