JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
HI guys plz help me,,the thng is that my lappy wifi connection shows 1 mbps from 54 mbps..so that i cannot connect or surf..

The wifi was working fine with my remembered connections and connected automatically within range. Then it started saying limited connection and would not let me browse the internet. After trouble shooting it said "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter" So I uninstalled reinstalled Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN it was listed under network adapter so I'm assuming that means it is the adapter but I was told it is the driver. Still confused on that. A friend suggested that I delete my remembered connections now it just says no connections available.

Under network adapter properties even tried changing the channel width for band 2.4 thats Value was set 20 MHz only to Auto, as I was instructed by my college IT guy. I've searched for the drivers installed the one on the hp support site. According to my model i have Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter, in the devices supported list nothing that I thought was the adapter or driver was listed. Downloaded the file they said contains the driver for that adapter...didn't seem to do anything other than install. Tried rebooting still nothing. Anyone have any ideas or is it just a lost cause

The wifi was working fine with my remembered connections and connected automatically within range. Then it started saying limited connection and would not let me browse the internet. After trouble shooting it said "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter" So I uninstalled reinstalled Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN it was listed under network adapter so I'm assuming that means it is the adapter but I was told it is the driver. Still confused on that. A friend suggested that I delete my remembered connections now it just says no connections available.

Under network adapter properties even tried changing the channel width for band 2.4 thats Value was set 20 MHz only to Auto, as I was instructed by my college IT guy. I've searched for the drivers installed the one on the hp support site. According to my model i have Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter, in the devices supported list nothing that I thought was the adapter or driver was listed. Downloaded the file they said contains the driver for that adapter...didn't seem to do anything other than install. Tried rebooting still nothing. Anyone have any ideas or is it just a lost cause

khmadhu

change is constant!!
did u try with other OS..? like ubuntu live.. first u need to check whether it is becoz of software or hardware..

Top Bottom