wifi problem on android

danny14871

Broken In
Hey, I own a sony xperia neo v which is a wireless b/g/n device but when I tether my 3G bsnl connxn to my laptop, I am only getting a wireless g.
But when I try this with my dad's galaxy s2 or my bro's galaxy pop, a wireless n network is automatically created for tethering.
I want to tether my 3G connexn with a wireless n on my x xperia,
is there any way to do this?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
is there any lag or problem with the current Wifi g? I donot think so. The 3g probably even doesnt use the full 50~ mbps bandwidth.
Check if there is any setting to change in the Portable Hotspot Menu. Most probably doesnt support tether in that mode as it might try to save battery.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^whats your point...as you can see op is able to get n-type wifi connectivity on his laptop with s2 and pop...so no case of hardware deficiency here.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
^^whats your point...as you can see op is able to get n-type wifi connectivity on his laptop with s2 and pop...so no case of hardware deficiency here.
Hey, I own a sony xperia neo v which is a wireless b/g/n device but when I tether my 3G bsnl connxn to my laptop, I am only getting a wireless g.
But when I try this with my dad's galaxy s2 or my bro's galaxy pop, a wireless n network is automatically created for tethering.
Sorry,I had some comprehension problems :-?
@OP
If you can do a n type between Gs2 and Notebook then maybe try playing the the Channel width 20 MHz or 40 Mhz in Wifi adapter settings.If possible list the chipset of your wifi adapter

Last edited:
Top Bottom