WIFI in desktop pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackfire

Journeyman
Guys i don't know much about wifi so i have question for those who knows about wifi.

1. How can i get Wifi in my desktop pc & how much will it cost me?
2. If i want to get wireless internet do i has to buy a wifi router since i own one Desktop PC & a laptop.

3. will i also able to share data bettween my lappy & pc if my pc has wifi?

4.will i need different type of wifi card to get broardband on my pc & different for transfer of data?

pls solve my query

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Purchase a PCI wifi card for ur desktop PC. It will cost u around 1k.

Regarding ur second point , u do not need to buy a router for that.

Regarding ur third point, u can also share data if u want.

Regarding ur fourth point, u do not need different type of wifi card for both things.

Hope this helped u :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) *www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx
2) *www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1276145,00.asp

Go for Linksys products. Don't go for cheap products as they will not be able to maintain speed and stability.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
You need:
1) wifi PCI LAN card -> Rs. 500 -Rs.1000/-
2) A wifi DSL modem cum router (for DSL internet connection like BSNL, MTNL, Airtel BB). Prefer to get it from your ISP.

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
1. You have to have a router (not an access point)......... connected to your PC to build a wireless LAN. A good router (one I mentioned below) would cost you around 2000 bucks..

2. Yes as I mentioned in the above point.

3. Yes you can share data from both your dasktop to laptop and vice versa....

4. No all you need is a router.....for all your needs...

In the end I would suggest.............. Linksys WRT54G as the router.....which is what I have for the past year.........(running broadband almost 24x7).....

bro if router is connected to the PC then how will i get broadband on both my lappy & desktop?

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
ok,So you meant that i need only a router & a cat5 cable. right? i know that Linksys makes good value for money router but what your view on asus i have heard that they makes best routers?

bro i have heard that some router does not allow software like G talk & windows msger to be used, is that true?

Last edited:
OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
so i need one Linksys WRT54G & cat5 cable will come with it & i will get wifi broadband on my place & Bro will you guide me how to setup wifi once i get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom