Wi Fi Router query

i was thinking of buying a router for my existing Broadband connection. Preferably this one Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router | Router | Flipkart.com

My broadband connection comes via ethernet cable and I use it on my Desktop and Laptop. I have my laptop from like a year, so earlier I used only the desktop
But when I wanted to connect my laptop to the Internet using the cable for the first time, i was not able to connect since it was not registered. So I called my ISP and they told me too try connecting using the laptop, and I did so(he said I will see the entry here that you are trying to connect). Then they said that your laptop is registered and now you can use the Broadband conn. on it.

So my query is that after buying the router will I have to do the same again so that all devices connected to the router are connected to internet using Broadband connection.

Also is the router that i've selected good ? or should I go for another one ?

guys ??

Last edited:

Kev.Ved

Journeyman
Using the router you can access the internet on your desktop using the LAN cable and on your laptop over Wi-Fi.

Considering that you are on a sub 1.5k budget, you have chosen a good router model from Netgear. Go for it. 43% discount is irresistible too :)

andy4

Right off the assembly line
THIS ROUTER LOOKS GOOD AND ALSO CHEAP
TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless without Modem Router | Router | Flipkart.com

OP
F

fz8975

one more thing I wanted to ask
Normally I connect to internet by dialing the connection and I see LAN and Internet as connected networks and my connection is a limited one i.e 25 GB per 12(+2) months, so how will the router be connecting to internet as soon as it gets started ?
and how will I connect to internet on PC ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Seems your connection has been set up as a on demand Dial-up. You'll have to configure your router same as the last router was configured. btw which ISP are you using ?

OP
F

fz8975

*www.albedo.net/support/setup/xp/image/xp-new-connection.3.gif

i use the second option

and the connection
*img18.imageshack.us/img18/8481/94238323.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Top Bottom