Wi-Fi Hotspot or any other device

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys

My friend has a joint family. In his home the wi-fi router is located in a room which is on the first floor. Now the range of the router does not reach the ground floor. Except using an expensive router which covers more vicinity, is there any kind of device/s which can create Wi-Fi hotspots and take the router's range to the places where it is not present?

Regards

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
There are wi-fi extenders for this purpose. Wifi Extender - Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There are wi-fi extenders for this purpose. Wifi Extender - Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com

Thanks for replying. Do these wi-fi extenders actually work? I was reading about them the other day and I found out that your browsing speed is less than what your ISP is giving you with these extenders and also there is no guarantee whether it will provide you a good signal strength or not. I have a question let's say the wi-fi router is at place A and the distance between place A and place B is say 100 meters. At place A the signal strength is 100% and then it keeps on decreasing in the denominations of 10. Now suppose if we install the wi-fi extender at the place where the signal strength is a mere 10%(90 meters from place A), at this place because installing here would guarantee place B getting some sort of a signal, then how will the wi-fi extender transmit the signals to place B? I mean what will be the transmitted signal's strength if the extender is getting only 5 or 10 percent of the signal strength?

If these work fine, then what are the value for money companies for using at home?

You can go for wireless adapters

Thanks for replying. How do these wireless adapters work? I never got the answer to this.

$hadow

Geek in making
They work as they are always meant to be. They will increase the signal strength and that's it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yup and in short they provide strong signal to the far area of the house.

Aha. Now please answer this, let's say the wireless adapter is at place A and the distance between place A and place B is say 100 meters. At place A the signal strength is 100% and then it keeps on decreasing in the denominations of 10. Now suppose if we install the wireless adapter at the place where the signal strength is a mere 10%(90 meters from place A), at this place because installing here would guarantee place B getting some sort of a signal, then how will the wireless adapter transmit the signals to place B? I mean what will be the transmitted signal's strength if the wireless adapter is getting only 5 or 10 percent of the signal strength?

$hadow

Geek in making
Here read this *www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...=NJ87W0_xgmFeI-fBMNJkUQ&bvm=bv.84349003,d.dGY and this *www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...=kwcrMfDLLZuT4hMxhDic6g&bvm=bv.84349003,d.dGY

Top Bottom