why we are still stuck at "256 Kbps" for BSNL broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Come 2011 and we are still stuck at "256 Kbps" for BSNL broadband?

Reliance provide.. 300 Kbps unlimited @ Rs. 499

MTNL provide.. 320 Kbps unlimited @ Rs. 395

and BSNL 256 Kbps unlimited @ Rs. 499 / 625 :mad:

TRAI 512Kbps as minimum broadband speeds from Jan 2011

TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has suggested that the minimum broadband speed should be 512kbps from Jan 2011, currently the minimum speed to label and internet connection as broadband internet connection is 256kbps, the last broadband revolution in India started in 2004 when TRAI labeled the minimum speeds to be 256kbps for broadband connections when Pvt ISP were offering 64kbps as broadband.

TRAI 512Kbps as minimum broadband speeds from Jan 2011 - Tech2buzz.com

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
BSNL has upgraded the H750 (Previously featuring 256kbps) to 512kbps.
That 499 Plan is merely a promotional offer which has been extended for another year.
I'm on ULD1350 - 4mbps till 20GB,after that 512kbps.. :D

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
^
what about 256 kbps speed in BB Home Combo Unlimited 625?

Home 625 Unlimited plan speed shud be increased atleast to 320 kbps or 512 kbps..

I'm on BB Home Combo Unlimited 625.
256 kbps speed :banghead:

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
bsnl has huge infrastructure but...
most bsnl guys are lazy and they wont upgrade unless the corruption by private players to higher govt authorities stop

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Anil Jadhav said:
we need 1 mbps as minimum
I dont see that happening for atleast next 5 years.

I think 'Acess to Broadband Internet' should be made constitutional right(like France, etc) so that we get net speeds of 512 kbps for free! Everyone gets unlimited!

R2K

In the Zone
^^
lol....dream on beacuse
that won't just happen in India where there are millions of ppl still struggling for a single meal

sparx

TechFanatic
Airtel MO sometimes give speed of 50KBps(400kbps?) and 25KBps(200kbps) on average. I wonder why is 256kbps called broadband and why should one spend Rs.625 on that when you can surf 2GB at Rs.98 and i am quite sure with that speed you won't need more than 4GB or Rs.196 on Airtel/Vodafone

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
the bb plan 750 ul is good enough for home users. In orissa, I m getting 200KBps download speed in bsnl 2g sim, but its not unlimited. But 2gb dl at Rs 99 is good enough. I am happy with bsnl service.

shruti

Broken In
government needs to wake up. i use a limited BSNL broadband plan- it is really hard to browse with limited transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom